PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 05:24 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Increase RAM in Verizon TouchPro

on mighty6, at boot, i'm using like 32% on my sprint tp, and after a few days of use, its only hovering around 50 at best. i don't think that the ram really makes that much of a difference with the vzw tp.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

the latest NFSFAN might be good for VZW, (i am at ~75% free on boot - sprint) just change the pagepool.. I had a VZW TP for 9 months and I got used to it. It is nice to be able to multitask more though now that I have a sprint TP.. SSK is what I ran for 8.9 of those 9 months...
Old 07-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

SSK is the most effective RAM for the VZ version of this phone. You can use other ROMs but in order to keep your RAM from getting extremely low you would have to disable the very cool slide to answer or tachi dialer skins which will free up around 10 megs.

Good luck and enjoy your new phone!

you can find the ROMs here ---> SSKUSERS.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sudden View Post
Anyone aware of which rom occupies the least amount of RAM ?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsteinschneider View Post
I'm on SSK - always have a ton of RAM free - only run spb mobile shell for interface. Always running loads of software. I install everything in storage memory (onboard) and still have 240MB free. I run TomTom, Pocket Informant, MobileShell, IE and Opera Mini, Google Maps, Live Search, PocketPlayer. I have CleanRAM running. I close apps I'm not using
The 240 Meg Free is not the same as having more RAM.

I run my own using a Calcu's Kitchen.

I have HTC Dialer uninstalled, with a nice Black dialer Skin that takes fraction of what Windows mobile dialer skin is.

On boot, running:
Manila, MSVoiceCommand, PocketShield and a few other things loaded on memory I run 50% RAM. I set my Page Pool to 9.11 Megs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro