PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[FIX] DCD sprint carrier cab pri data corruption fix

THIS IS FOR SPRINT Touch Pro's as far as i know...i have not tested this for any other carrier or phone so use at your own risk...

edit: tested on the touch diamond...confirmed working!

first things first dont click on the Update PRI Button under Settings>Connections

save yourself the trouble

but if you have this is the tested method to get you back and running...it does require a hard reset so make sure to backup your data first

use the software in this link. Make sure you have CF 3.5 first (shouldnt be a problem for people on custom roms i know Juicy and Mighty's ROMS have it cooked in)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560 (needs CF 3.5)

install the program (and cf 3.5 if needed)

put your phone into airplane mode run the software. Write down your msl

go to your dialpad and type ##786#, click menu and select Reset. enter in the MSL...you will hard reset...

LET THE PHONE SELF PROGRAM!

confirm your net works...RESTART

if you need the ## codes that are reinstalled by using DCD carrier cab installed dcd carrier cab...RESTART... navigate to windows/PPST.exe and delete that file

RESTART..confirm your net still works...The option to update the pri is still there but pressing it will do nothing...

Test your ## codes by going back to your dialpad and either pressing ##786# or ##3282#

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also i think if you install another radio http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616 (in my instance i installed a US Cell one)

this could def have an effect on your phone if you try to update the PRI...

Last edited by thelastpoet; 04-14-2009 at 11:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:32 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: [FIX] DCD sprint carrier cab pri data corruption fix

Good deal bro, thanks.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

np...took me all damn day to figure it out...

i thought id share for anyone brave enuff to try and update their PRI lol
Old 04-13-2009, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

deeznut2 is keeping up the good workdeeznut2 is keeping up the good work

A few days, I was using starrom and updated my prl through settings->connections. it totally f'ed up my data and all my settings in ##data#,it even changed my msl. i spent all day messing around with the phones codes til i gave in and called sprint. that was exactly what they had me do. good write up, it should help out alot of curious people like me that cant resist hitting a button that says update.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

+1 did this on a custom rom myself.

For now if you take it into a sprint repair store messed up like this and you are stock and relocked the msl is changed from the default. They will hold your phone hostage for a few hrs then tell u they r ordering you a new phone.

I had my new msl so i just had them reprogram the phone and skipped out on the free phone replacement as the only thing wrong was internet did not work.

With TEP this does not cost u the deductable so this might be a way for people with scratched up phones to get a shiney new one without breaking something and having to pay the deductable.

As most sprint repair stores won't know how to get the new msl code therefore won't be able to reprogram it manually. Sense its a problem they can't fix by hard resetting and the phone actually works all but the internet should not have to pay a deductable to get shiney new phone.

I in no way endorse this method but know that it works, I almost went ahead and had them order me a new phone but with all the issues going around and my phone working fine for the 3 months that i have owned it. I felt like KARMA would bite me in the but and i wold get a defective phone for a replacement.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

when people do things like that it only hurts you the customer through price increases...as of 4/19 the deductible through ausurion for PDA's will be 100 bucks...

thats a direct result of people performing fraud...

20 bucks in acc. will go a long way in preventing scratches...

just my 2 cents....as a tech for a sprint affiliate i see a lot of people just trying to get a "new shiny phone" with no real issues
Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastpoet View Post
when people do things like that it only hurts you the customer through price increases...as of 4/19 the deductible through ausurion for PDA's will be 100 bucks...

thats a direct result of people performing fraud...

20 bucks in acc. will go a long way in preventing scratches...

just my 2 cents....as a tech for a sprint affiliate i see a lot of people just trying to get a "new shiny phone" with no real issues
if you want to preach, go to church. otherwise keep your two cents in your pocket and stay on topic.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

I am still confused, is this prcedure for currupted MSL and PRI data errors. Is there a way to see the settings after, to compare when this is set and done.

Also I am running wm6.5(copper ROM), the codes don't work on my phone as it is....
Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: SPRINT

Kushed is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMZ View Post
if you want to preach, go to church. otherwise keep your two cents in your pocket and stay on topic.
I found his "two cents" to be very insightful, and it makes sense. He went out of his way to make a comment to save all of us money in the future and help sprint stay around much longer. Your attack on his comment was very unnecessary just as my post is to yours.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well at least the end rhymed lol

this is for fixing the corrupt msl error seen when trying to update pri using dcd sprint carrier cab...

if you have a custom rom chances are it doesnt have the ## codes built in...so that may be why you cant use them at this moment...

i cant confirm this works on 6.5 as i am running Juicy 6 right now...

im not sure what exactly your issue is...could you be more specific and i can see if i can help

in a nutshell all i did was use the program from my original post to grab my msl, ##RTN#(you may need to install the dcd carrier cab to get the ## codes to work first) reset, reprovision, either uninstall the dcd cab or delete the PPST.exe file in windows to break the update PRI function

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro