PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Rollazn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Something wrong with my Youtube...

Hello, I've been having problems with the youtube player. Sometimes it would play. Sometimes it would say Error: Cannot play this video. Other time it would play the video but without sound (volume all the way up).

At first I thought it was my rom (Energy) so I switched to another just to test it out (Juicy). Found out that it was the same. I'm back on my original rom (later build) and still to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?!

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:58 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Something wrong with my Youtube...

im on a stock tp and tested 10vid for ya and they all worked fine. hope it helps somehow.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Rollazn is just getting started

Thanks for the help. I must have deleted something important or something.

I just closed the youtube app. Re-opened it and it has video but no sound. Sometime it would work perfectly... This is really annoying. No amount of flashing, hard reset, soft reset seemed to work.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Telus

dyl4n is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollazn View Post
Thanks for the help. I must have deleted something important or something.

I just closed the youtube app. Re-opened it and it has video but no sound. Sometime it would work perfectly... This is really annoying. No amount of flashing, hard reset, soft reset seemed to work.
Try deleting the Youtube folder from SD card before flashing. There was an issue with Juicy 8 071309 and youtube but is fixed in latest
Old 07-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Lurker

scrillaman151 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyl4n View Post
Try deleting the Youtube folder from SD card before flashing. There was an issue with Juicy 8 071309 and youtube but is fixed in latest
Glad to hear there is a potential fix for this. The same thing has been happening to me. I too went from Energy to Juicy and back to Energy and still had the problem. Now on the Merdin Rom and deleted the Youtube folder on the SD card. Hopefully that alone will work. Do you think I will need a reflash?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: Something wrong with my Youtube...

Try the YouTube player in this ROM, the ULTIMATE YOUTUBE PLAYER... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72943 .... I guarantee you it works like a charm, not only does it work, you get the ultimate in video resolution quality.. This is a full multimedia based ROM giving you digital movies via the new Saturn Liberty movie channel, plus over 2000 TV stations from over 71 countries and their is more multimedia stuff too ....
Old 07-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

be careful tech, you're fair game outside your thread.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Lurker

scrillaman151 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Try the YouTube player in this ROM, the ULTIMATE YOUTUBE PLAYER... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72943 .... I guarantee you it works like a charm, not only does it work, you get the ultimate in video resolution quality.. This is a full multimedia based ROM giving you digital movies via the new Saturn Liberty movie channel, plus over 2000 TV stations from over 71 countries and their is more multimedia stuff too ....
I was gonna use your ROM at some point. But coming into this thread and trying to sell it is a little like SPAM isn't it? It's kinda like the little lady I had to say NO to that was trying to drop a flyer off at my doorstep tonight. I hate solicitors, I really do. (And most salespeople Tbh)

I'll still try your rom though.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrillaman151 View Post

I'll still try your rom though.
give it a shot but heaven help you if you need support or encounter a problem. personally, i'd do what was suggested before and delete youtube and dl again.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
be careful tech, you're fair game outside your thread.
i think i wet myself on that one. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro