PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   plz verify. rumor 2 esn swap to TP possible sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75808)

bob13bob 07-22-2009 09:46 PM

plz verify. rumor 2 esn swap to TP possible sprint

Ok, I signed up for a sprint account with lg rumor 2 $70 or so after taxes + activation fee +shipping.

Was planning to esn swap a touch pro on to the account and sell the rumor 2. Will this work? Will the esn on the rumor 2 be clean?

I heard some were having problem esn swapping from basic phones to pda phones, somethinng like no evdo phones or non vision ones.

Anyone know ne thing about this?

update
Ok, got a used touch diamond and tried online esn swap with non smart phone. Lg rumor2 It said something about it not being valid esn.
Tried esn swap with different sero account with a smart phone. Did not work either.
Called it in. was able to swap online successfully first try.

Dr.8820 07-22-2009 09:48 PM

Re: plz verify. rumor 2 esn swap to TP possible sprint

yes, it should be clean. i had a touch before my touch pro and sold it to a member here with no problems.

rstoyguy 07-22-2009 09:48 PM

Yep...Should be.

w7excursion 07-22-2009 09:49 PM

After 30 days if there is a mail in rebate involved,if not it should be fine right away.

bob13bob 07-22-2009 09:52 PM

Thanks.

no mail in rebate involved. I got it with a new sero line.
I heard some were having problem esn swapping from basic phones to pda phones, somethinng like no evdo phones or non vision ones.

bob13bob 07-22-2009 09:52 PM

double post

rstoyguy 07-22-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob13bob (Post 1053640)
Thanks.

no mail in rebate involved. I got it with a new sero line.

From a non-power vision device to a power vision device. I'd just call customer care and add the features....

bob13bob 07-22-2009 10:11 PM

link to phones

Quote:

I'd just call customer care and add the features....
That is very problematic for people who got a sero line, they try to disable it when you talk to them. Is the rumor 2 a power vision device? If not, any of the low cost ones power vision ones so I can easily esn swap it online for a an ebay bought tp?

rstoyguy 07-22-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob13bob (Post 1053679)
link to phones

That is very problematic for people who got a sero line, they try to disable it when you talk to them. Is the rumor 2 a power vision device? If not, any of the low cost ones power vision ones so I can easily esn swap it online for a an ebay bought tp?

I don't know much about sero because I don't sell it. But in the phone list, those phones that list "3g speeds where available" and also list SprintTV as features, most of them should be powervision devices. Sometimes even I gotta call my sprint guy and he takes a stab at it. :)

bob13bob 07-22-2009 10:32 PM

crap, i should have gone with the lx400 lg phone then, it says 3g but no tv.