PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Samsung i780
Carrier: Indosat Starone

vince_wonk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Share About My GPS Problem Experience

hello friends, recently after i upgrade my Sprint TP ROM into several different type of ROM, my TP GPS can't lock and view the satellite anymore. i got frustrated and hopeless about it. i already tried almost every single method until i find these one:
http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/gps-....html?t=183417
so i matched the IP between QPST and the IP server and port number on HKLM/Software/HTC/SUPL AGPS. After i match both of it, suddenly it start working again and the result is superior. i can lock 8 satellite even indoor on my private room. when i got outdoor it only need around 3-5 seconds to lock. so it even faster than before that need around 20-30 second with QuickGPS. sorry for my bad english, i just want to share a GPS problem that actually very tricky and have various problem.

Note: i never changed any settings on my QPST and i set the SUPLAGPS to follow my QPST value.
it's interesting that each time i changed the ROM, it also changed the IP and Port inside that registry.

hope this tricks helps. thank you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro