PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Lurker

berrybroke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy sprint software on verizon phone ?

just bought a used htc touch pro .. had it activated .. noticed its been modified it has sprint software on it with windows 6.5 mobile .. i am a verizon customer .. please for give me but how is this possable ... to work that is .. the verizon reps told me the couldnt reprogram the phone to verizon .. but if is is working that it shouldnt matter .. so im using a verizon / sprint htc ..lol .. just wondered if and how i could go about installing verizon software .. i hate sprint logo .. or shoul i keep it the way it is ?

also i dont have a media manager as verizon software will not work on my sprint software phone .. any tips or ideas .. i just switched over from the storm .. and loving this cool pocket pc .. but im a total newbie to this lil gem
Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: sprint software on verizon phone ?

Well least you have a good phone.

You sure can remove the sprint crap. use this app you can put whatever you want in place of the sprint logo crap, like your name or whatever you want.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Personalizer_3.1_CAB.zip (101.9 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

berrybroke is a n00b

just a question do i download that link you sent me on the phone or on the computer ? im sorry for sounding a lil slow .. so used to the blackberry modding
Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Download it on your computer, unzip it, transfer the file to the phone, run it from your file explorer on the phone

If you aren't familiar with unzipping, I'll unzip it and reupload it.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrybroke View Post

also i dont have a media manager as verizon software will not work on my sprint software phone .. any tips or ideas .. i just switched over from the storm .. and loving this cool pocket pc .. but im a total newbie to this lil gem

I personally use real player and wmplayer to transfer music to the storage card, the phone can handle upto 16gb, I believe, you might want to find if thats true though. Manual says 16 gb. But just plug the phone into ypur computer, a little pop-up will be on the phone, click mass storage, computer is going to say its installing drivers or what not, let it go through that, then open your media player and sync your music. You could also use active sync (or windows mobile device center if using vista), but I prefer to do it as mass storrage. When you do it as mass storage though, your computer will show your phone as a drive and you wont be able to see the storage from the phone, only the computer.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

berrybroke is a n00b

i can unzip it having a lil probolem figuring how to transfer all the files to the phone ... all i have is sync
Old 07-22-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work

You could try flashing the Verizon stock ROM. The stock ROM thread is here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

Or, you could flash one of the many available custom ROMs, and begin personalizing your phone the way you like it.

You should also make sure you have a Verizon PRL. I believe you dial *228, then press 2.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

berrybroke is a n00b

sweet reflashed my phone to stock verizon ... now to find proper software and play with it my self

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro