PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   NO sprite backups will restore, how can this happen? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75750)

ou2mame 07-22-2009 03:52 PM

NO sprite backups will restore, how can this happen?

I back my phone up once a week with sprite backup. i was running mightyrom 5, 5/24, and decided to try the latest mightyrom 6 because of the ezinput drivers potentially being fixed. anyways, i tried to restore the backups from mighty5 to the installed mighty6, but it didn't work so well, so i figured eh, i don't have the time right now to reinstall everything (gf's in the hospital), so i'll do it another day.

so, i reflash mighty5, 5/24, and every backup that i have freezes at random files. either its a random log file in one backup, or the google maps cache file in another, or one of the start menu .lnk's, and i couldn't get a single backup file to actually restore my phone.

i flashed an older version of mighty, and nothing. i flashed the latest again, then the lowest, and no matter what i did, absolutely no sprite backup file will restore.

has this happened to anyone else, or can anyone figure out why? i spent the entire night last night reinstalling everything manually on the latest mighty6, but i'm afraid to back it up, or restore it. i made an spb backup as well as a sprite backup, and hopefully one of those actually works if i need them to, but i don't even know if i want to try, risking having to redo all this stuff manually if it doesn't work for some strange reason.

oh, and i tried the sprite backups through activesync, and through the interface on the phone itself. same problems. the backup files can be read through sprite explorer though, and i can restore individual files from sprite explorer to the device.

southphillysean 07-22-2009 03:56 PM

Re: NO sprite backups will restore, how can this happen?

i dont use sprite backup. i only use PIM backup and never had an isue with it.

HBOOT 07-22-2009 04:12 PM

Not sure i follow it all, so you trying to do the sprite restore on the same rom you did the back up,correct? coz restorinf from one Rom to another always ges phuked p eventhough they advertise the contrary... best wishes to your G/F

jmorton10 07-22-2009 05:11 PM

Did you try DL'ing the latest version of Sprite??

I use both Sprite & SPB, but in both instances the latest versions are a LOT better than some of the previous versions.

~John

NinjaMom 07-22-2009 05:15 PM

I use SPB backup... The backups are suppose to be a program within themselves and and all you have to do is click on it and it will restore the phone.

This never works for me though. I always have to install SPB backup first then activate the restore.

nxtech3 07-22-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 1052937)
I use SPB backup... The backups are suppose to be a program within themselves and and all you have to do is click on it and it will restore the phone.

This never works for me though. I always have to install SPB backup first then activate the restore.

the seperate restore files work just fine (for me). I did have a issue similar to the OP when i had my Vogue. I had to uncheck the stop processes box and everything started working ok. i dont know if Sprite has the same options or not.

apristel 07-22-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 1052937)

Same here +1

ashimp1 07-22-2009 05:59 PM

The only problem I have ever had after I downloaded hte most recent version of Sprite is if I password protect my backups. At that point then I have to install Sprite and restore form the program. Since I don't password protect them any more the standalone files work fine.

ou2mame 07-22-2009 06:40 PM

at first, when going from m5 to m6 i tried to restore a backup from m5, but that didn't work too well. i understand that going from one rom to another can cause problems, thats why i flashed back to m5 to restore my backup that was made from the same version of m5, and it hangs and crashes.

i do have the latest version of sprite, i even tried previous versions but you can't restore from a previous version if the backup was made with the latest.

i've never had a problem with sprite, i've used it for years. this is literally my first problem. i do have spb backup, but i never really used it til now. there isn't an option in sprite to stop processes, but there is in spb. i tried every setting in sprite to restore, and nothing seemed to work, it always hung at 80 or 90% at random files, nothing specific. and even if i selected that specific file to not restore, it would still just hang at another.

sprite has always worked for me, and these backups have worked in the past, they were only a week old, and i used one the other day and it worked fine. it stopped working when i flashed to mighty6 and flashed back to mighty5 for some reason. i have no clue why. now i'm worried that my backups won't be able to restore, and i don't even want to try it because i really can't go through the hassle of installing everything again if it doesn't work. so now i'm making backups of my phone that may or may not even work.