PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

getCha is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Screen frustration help

I have no idea what this is and I cant get anywhere, I cant even manually turn off the phone, only a soft reset but the same thing happens after boot up.

The phone is a sprint HTC TP on verizon(which Im pretty sure is irrelavant)

The bottom right corner(where my contacts tab is) of the touch screen is being "phantom pressed" Its like something is pressing it repeatedly I cant get anywhere on the phone. CONTACTS ON MENU UP MENU DOWN MENU UP MENU DOWN...
The phone has been sitting on my desk all day today. Nothing has happened to it.

Please help me, this is so frustrating
Old 07-22-2009, 01:19 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Touch Screen frustration help

sounds like a hard reset is imminent man, do that. Hopefuly u have a back up...sory bout u r troubles and good luck
Old 07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

getCha is a n00b

Will that bring me back to the original Sprint ROM? Or just the virgin Verizon one i put on here??

There must be another way
Old 07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by getCha View Post
Will that bring me back to the original Sprint ROM? Or just the virgin Verizon one i put on here??

There must be another way
well flash back to a stock rom and see if that helps if not then lock it and go to verizon and be like wtf
Old 07-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

getCha is a n00b

Thanks for the reply

Its a sprint TP on verizon with a verizon stock rom. I never changed the plan over on verizon just activated the phone. Verizon obviously doesnt have a clue and probably wouldn't have a clue anyway.

The touch screen doesnt acknowledge commands on certain screens either. Only certain ones, is this a hardware problem? Or is this common with these stupid buggy phones.

EDIT: I FINALLY got to the align screen function, and it makes me repeat it NUMEROUS times. As soon as im done pressing the last corner it just starts over again in the center..

Last edited by getCha; 07-22-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:06 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

not common at all, just your unit is phuked up, nomsayin
Old 07-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

getCha is a n00b

No. Thats why I posted looking for options for help
Old 07-22-2009, 02:26 PM
DaFlowMaster

you got it man, a hard reset and a trip to VZ store
Old 07-22-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
you got it man, a hard reset and a trip to VZ store

How is he going to go to the Verizon store with a Sprint phone??????

~John
Old 07-22-2009, 02:33 PM
DaFlowMaster

isnt that what they are trying to do,activate any phone on their Network regardless of brand on it..you are the VZ dude, what is your take?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro