PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Finding your lost phone...Solution?

Is there any way to do this?

Ok, we've all done it.. Where did I put my phone!!!!!!

I was looking into an added function for voice command... The implementation would require you to have a connected BT headset for one mode of operation; texting would be the other. Here is how it would work...

Press the button on your headset to activate voice command

An added command called "locate" would be the trigger.

upon saying locate, the phone would kick on max volume & sound an alarm (of the users choice) so you could find what pile of clothes you hid it under.

The second implementation would use texting the phone. This would use some of the same features within Mobile Justice ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/mjustice/ ) but in addition to GPS notification, a feature to again, kick volume to max on the phone & sound an alarm for location purposes.

I think this would be something extremely useful, since where we lose our phones we don't always have GPS availability, or another GPS device to locate where our phone is. Most of the time I lose mine in a pile of clothes or something & it's annoying trying to find it when I have the ringer silenced!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

profroopchan is just getting started
Re: Finding your lost phone...Solution?

Wouldnt this still NOT work because you have the phone on silent?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

You could always ask voice command to play music. That'll still make noise if the ringer is off, though the system volume would have to be nonzero.

Voice command can also launch anything in the programs folder by name, so if you can code it, you can do it. And by the way VC also responds to "ringer high" and other commands. Not to mention that if VC responds at all, you're probably within a couple of rooms of your phone (do you really have that much laundry lying around?).

Finally, there is a program that does what you want via TXT; look at nuegpssecurity. I'm sure there are others.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by profroopchan View Post
Wouldnt this still NOT work because you have the phone on silent?
If you read my post you will see one of the functions would be to kick the volume from silent to max volume & then play the alert
Old 07-22-2009, 03:46 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

sprite terminator..
Old 07-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

...Ok well as nice as that software is, as I stated in my post, you don't always lose it in an area that had GPS. For instance I have 2 basement levels in my house. 1 is my workshop/laundry, the other is my office. There is no GPS signal available there. I have a cellular booster to allow phone coverage in my 2nd basement level so I can use my phone.

I need something that I can either use BT with, or send a text message that tells the phone to increase to maximum volume & set off an alert tone.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

felixilis will do that....... https://beta.flexilis.com/

there is a "scream" command in the "missing device" section that will turn on the phone and make it scream, even if you have the volume "off".

it is "freeware"

edit:The "Location" feature does not work, Flexilis uses "Cell Id" and not "Gps Data" for location info on Google Maps, and the TP is not a supported phone for Cell Id.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 07-22-2009 at 04:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
felixilis will do that....... https://beta.flexilis.com/

there is a "scream" command in the "missing device" section that will turn on the phone and make it scream, even if you have the volume "off".

it is "freeware"
+1 i beta test for flexilis and the newest build is sweet' free too.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

yea its nice software, if only they would switch the "Location" feature to use "Gps Data" I would be a happy camper
Old 07-22-2009, 04:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
yea its nice software, if only they would switch the "Location" feature to use "Gps Data" I would be a happy camper
its in the works now, also you can email them what you want. dont hurt to help out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro