PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro has been out for repair for close to 3 weeks now... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75699)

Hidavi 07-22-2009 11:13 AM

Touch Pro has been out for repair for close to 3 weeks now...

because they are backordered on keyboards. It was under warranty, thakfully. I've been very patient but the substitute I'm using, the Mogul, really sucks in comparison.

I should've done this a long time ago, but I'm going to call them demanding they just send me a new one if they haven't fixed it yet. I called this morning but they asked me to call back because their computers were down.

If this is how it is, then I'm not getting the TP2 cuz I can't be PDA phone-less during school, unacceptable.

apristel 07-22-2009 11:16 AM

Re: Touch Pro has been out for repair for close to 3 weeks now...

Yes call and whine!

banjoeball 07-22-2009 11:31 AM

that's pretty darn ridiculous.

Call and tell them your situation! you'll likely get something out of it :mrgreen:

nxtech3 07-22-2009 11:32 AM

they have realized it has something to do with the flex cable, not the keyboard, parts should be available pretty soon.

Hidavi 07-22-2009 11:49 AM

Yeah, it was the cable for the keyboard that they mentioned.

elmerfudpucker 07-22-2009 11:56 AM

Call Customer Retentions, that is totaly unecceptable

Dr.8820 07-22-2009 12:00 PM

i think it's safe to say htc dropped the ball with the touch pro. no way i'm giving them more money for whatever they come out with next!

profroopchan 07-22-2009 01:54 PM

They may have dropped the ball with the TP, but I still love them! I love my phone and customization more than any other. It is indeed not for everyone though.

That 3 weeks wait is ridiculous though. Definitely call up sprint. The representatives have been very nice to me since I got my TP.

Ljayhova 07-22-2009 02:39 PM

That is crazy that's why whenever my phone needs to be replaced I go directly to the store and get it replaced. They try and feed you bull saying that they can't swap it out in the store but that's nonsense if you are stern enough you can make it happen. I pay them too much of my money to have to ship off my phone and wait weeks for a replacement while the substitute they give you is nowhere as near as good of the phone you paid for. I had to get my phone replaced two weeks ago they swapped it out at the store, billed my account for the replacement phone then customer service turned around and credited it right back. You just have to put your foot down and don't let them give you the runaround.

Mylt1 07-22-2009 02:50 PM

does sprint not do loaner phones? last i checked VZN offers loaners if your phone has to be shipped out. that could have changed, its been a while since i looked into it.