PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 03:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

R.Oryan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Security Question...

Forgive me if anyone asked this before....I wasnt sure what to search for. But would it be possible for someone to remote access your Touch Pro. Me and my girlfriend's phones have been doing some strange things...and lately there has been a few instances where I have went to use my phone, and there is already a password in the pasword box. And in her case, a password and username were already in place for an email site. She swears she isnt the one that originally logged in; but I could disprove that.

This is actually an issue regarding some harrassment, but I may have pin pointed the source if this is a possiblity.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Re: Security Question...

Quote:
I have went to use my phone, and there is already a password in the pasword box.
I have no idea what you mean by this. If someone put a password on your phone, how did you manage to even use the phone, assuming you don't know the password. Or are you talking about some other password?

Look over on xda-developers; there's a cab that can be cooked into a ROM (or just installed, presumably) to do certain remote things. But I'm not sure to what extent it can be used (reading/intercepting text messages is one thing; full remote access like RDC on XP maybe not).

If you're really paranoid, consider flashing both phones back to the stock ROM if you're not on it already, hard reset, and install your own passwords in the lock control panel and set it so that it asks for a password after 0 minutes of inactivity.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I know there is a spy cab somewhere where you can obtain/retrieve text messages from a phone running WM .... like spying on your BF or GF phone ... that's the only thing I can think of .... I don't believe there is such a thing to remotely access your phone ...
Old 07-22-2009, 04:33 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Akuma26 View Post
I know there is a spy cab somewhere where you can obtain/retrieve text messages from a phone running WM .... like spying on your BF or GF phone ... that's the only thing I can think of .... I don't believe there is such a thing to remotely access your phone ...
i think tmz had a thread on this, let me search his threads.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

There was just an advertisement banner on this site talking about controlling your WM remotely. I didn't click on it, but I sure saw it. So there is software out there.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
There was just an advertisement banner on this site talking about controlling your WM remotely. I didn't click on it, but I sure saw it. So there is software out there.
are you talking about remote desktop?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Well kinda, but in reverse, control your phone from the computer remotely.. not mymobiler either, this was done over a data connection from what the ad said... hopefully i'll see it again.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: IPAQ, Treo 700WX, Treo 800W Mogul PPC 6800, Now HTC Touch Pro

ashimp1 is a n00b

The only program that I know of out there is MyMobiler. But that requires a activiesynce connection so you would have to either connected by usb cable or via bluetooth to the controlling computer.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cjrusso is becoming a great contributor

you can save ur login names and pws thru opera.. maybe she forget she clicked save?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

If you have a remote desktop program,
99% of the more advanced ones for a pocket pc have the option to control your phone from a desktop computer or another pocket pc.
But otherwise the cab that everyone is talking about is just a spy cab thing.
It basically needs a text to be sent to the phone,
and then the program thats installed will detect that text and do whatever that command says.
I know it's capable of forwarding texts, having the phone call you back, and a bunch of other things like that.
But it's technically not a remote desktop app as it is controlled through text messages.

But if you don't have that cab, or a remote desktop program installed on your phone, there's really no way of someone doing this.
Are you sure the phone isn't just turning on in your pocket and you're pocket is filling out the forms or opening the programs? it has been known to happen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro