PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Paprika is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro touch screen problems?

So, I dont even know why I got this phone cuz I am bout as unedcuated about this phone as they come, and yes I am that chick that wont read her owners manual because she thinks she knows everything, and when she wishes she would have, she cant find it=D> way to go me!

That being said, I have been having a significant amount of problems with my touch screen. Apparently I have "water damage" but it had no contact with water what so ever. They said humidity could be a factor. Really Sprint?!?!? If I live in Florida I shouldn't own this phone because its extra humid down there???

Anyway, if anyone else has been having problems with their touch screen or keyboard at all please advise me or let me know what I can do...I am not a fan of the phone at the moment nor sprint.

Thanks for your help

I also apologize if this is a ridiculous post, but like i said i am so uneducated about this technology piece....any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Pro touch screen problems?

What problems are you having with your screen and keyboard?
Are you running a Stock ROM or have you flashed to a new ROM?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Cincy1 is a n00b

Paprika, did you get your problem resolved? My touch screen recently stopped working and it looks like moisture leaked in at the very edge of the screen. Now there is an area that looks like a drop of water trapped under the screen. I also noticed that the rest of the screen looks like there is an oil slick under the touch screen. This happened over the weekend when it was hot and humid and I held the phone up to my face.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Honestly, I believe I would contact Sprint customer service and have a royal fit...for what we pay for these devices, damage like that(not caused by neglect, stupidity, or otherwise fatal errors) should really be covered under the manufacturer warranty, and I know personally that when you pitch a fit with Sprint and start mentioning cancellation of contract and things of that nature, they will gladly do what they can to keep the customer happy....Its the best thing to call them, besides theres nothing to loose with the deal....Just don't let them push you, cause they will try to, hold your ground and they will fold like a wet noodle

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey Guys,

Sounds like you may be suffering from an issue known as Newton's Rings. Check this post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=336

I had this issue on my 1st TP as well. Took it to my local Sprint Store (where they have a repair center). They took one look at it and ordered me a new phone.

The only way they can tell if you really got the phone wet is by opening the battery cover and checking the moisture stickers. The red/white ones that go white when they get wet.

Later in that thread, I posted the Executive CS number for Sprint as well as a link to a Consumerist.com article that has e-mail addresses for Sprint's higher-ups.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=362
Old 06-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

ittech is a n00b

It's the glue they use to put the digitizer (which is actually the top part of the screen on the phone) migrating into the screen area.

I've had this happen now on 2 vzw tp's over 6-8 months. No abuse, no water, it just gets warm and the glue gets squishy.

the trip to death valley didn't help things, it started right after that but the other time it just happened.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

I'm having the same problem with my Touch Pro where the screen works sometimes, but other times it doesn't This all just started happening after a week of hot and humid days. Took it into the sprint store they claim that it's due to abuse on the phone and they don't cover things like that, so my only option is to buy a brand new Touch Pro. So now I have a Touch Pro that I can't use
Old 06-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

i don't have any issues with moister but i did some how bend my screen to the point that it would just turn on and off infinitely. i took the phone to my local sprint store and showed them wha was going on. at first they thought (as did i) that it was a software malfunction. i left it there for about and hour and when i came back the tech had replaced my screen with a used screen from a TP that had board issues. he showed me my screen and it was almost not noticable but you could make out the small bend in the screen. aprently that was the issue. now i have a used screen while they order me a new phone. i have the protection plan but they are replaceing the phone for free.

what i'm getting at is you could take your phone in, be nice and patient and maybe they will help you out. it worked for me...

'function over fashion'
Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Paprika is a n00b

Thanks for all the input After all my *****ing to Sprint, and them not helping me, I finally buckled down and bought a new phone because they were only going to charge me 50 instead of 100 to replace it. Well, the new phone they sent me was obvisouly refurbished and when i tried to active it the Serial number wouldnt work...so I had to wait for them to send me a new phone...got ANOTHER new phone, and had it for about a week and then randomly, the keyboard stopped working. I now have another new phone that is working fine thus far, but I am just waiting for something to F up....I already have touch screen issues where it works when it wants to....ARGHHHHH I am sooo over this phone Oh and Sprint for that matter....

Cincy- you sound like u had the same issue as me....did u check that back for the water marks?? Mine (according to the water marks) had "water damage", but only to the phone portion, not the battery portion...like I said, Sprint was not willing to work with me at all on this issue...they didnt want to try to even fix it..they just said I had gotten water damage to it, it was my fault, and I need a new phone. Did you call them? Did they work something out for you?

To be perfectly honest...I am over Sprint...i cant wait for my contract to be up at this point....Their customer service was horrible...except for this one lady she was really decent, but I even spoke to a higher up and I told him i was just going to cancel since no one wanted to assist me with my issues...and he basically said "well u dont need to cancel through us when u go and get ur other phone just keep ur same number and it will automatically cancel ur account" Really Sprint *******?!?!?!?!?!?! He was basically suggesting an easy way of canceling ha ha...arghhhh so over Sprint.....
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
Thanks for all the input After all my *****ing to Sprint, and them not helping me, I finally buckled down and bought a new phone because they were only going to charge me 50 instead of 100 to replace it. Well, the new phone they sent me was obvisouly refurbished and when i tried to active it the Serial number wouldnt work...so I had to wait for them to send me a new phone...got ANOTHER new phone, and had it for about a week and then randomly, the keyboard stopped working. I now have another new phone that is working fine thus far, but I am just waiting for something to F up....I already have touch screen issues where it works when it wants to....ARGHHHHH I am sooo over this phone Oh and Sprint for that matter....

Cincy- you sound like u had the same issue as me....did u check that back for the water marks?? Mine (according to the water marks) had "water damage", but only to the phone portion, not the battery portion...like I said, Sprint was not willing to work with me at all on this issue...they didnt want to try to even fix it..they just said I had gotten water damage to it, it was my fault, and I need a new phone. Did you call them? Did they work something out for you?

To be perfectly honest...I am over Sprint...i cant wait for my contract to be up at this point....Their customer service was horrible...except for this one lady she was really decent, but I even spoke to a higher up and I told him i was just going to cancel since no one wanted to assist me with my issues...and he basically said "well u dont need to cancel through us when u go and get ur other phone just keep ur same number and it will automatically cancel ur account" Really Sprint *******?!?!?!?!?!?! He was basically suggesting an easy way of canceling ha ha...arghhhh so over Sprint.....
oh yea i had the same problem with sprint with my screen but i had no water damage they pretty much told me the screen still works so to bad we wont replace it..so i told them i would leave them my contracted my 2 years ended in jan. so nothing was holding me back from leaving even being with them for 5 years and my parents being with them for 15 years (under parents plan) but the area manager took care of me tho so i was happy but other tech can go **** them self

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro