PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...
Carrier: Sprint

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Voice Command via BlueAnt V1

I just purchased the V1 and can't get it to work with the voice command in the Touch Pro. When I had my Original Jawbone, I simply pushed the talk button, the voice command "mic" appeared on the phone and I gave the command through the Jawbone. When I hit the button on the V1, the V1's command asks for a command but it doesn't connect to the phone. Any help with this is greatly appreciated! I also tried to do the firmware upgrade using both my laptop (vista) and my desktop (XP) and neither would complete. I called BlueAnt and they suggested upgrading using XP but then told me that it wasn't really necessary although it says for HTC phones (HUH?)

Last edited by Boaz65; 07-21-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Touch Pro Voice Command via BlueAnt V1

Seems as though I figured it out!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

alright soldier!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

And what did you do to figure it out?

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
And what did you do to figure it out?
I re-read the instructions a few more times, actually realizing that I was doing it right but it just wasn't connecting with the phone. I pushed the BlueAnt button once, it asks for a command, I said "phone commands". The V1 responds saying "activating your phones built-in voice commands". The phone display then lights up and the little voice command mic appeared and worked as before when I had the Jawbone.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Ok thought so. Blueant V1 is the best bt I ever owned
Old 07-22-2009, 01:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

You can also, turn "off" (voice control) via the "setting menu" on the v1, and it will respond to the button just like standard bt headsets same as your Jawbone.

example: when you push the button, you will hear the beep on the phone and the mic icon will show up waiting for a command. So no more saying "Phone Command" to enter the phones msvc menu.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
You can also, turn "off" (voice control) via the "setting menu" on the v1, and it will respond to the button just like standard bt headsets same as your Jawbone.

example: when you push the button, you will hear the beep on the phone and the mic icon will show up waiting for a command. So no more saying "Phone Command" to enter the phones msvc menu.
That is EXACTLY the mode/manner that I would prefer to use it!!!! I'll say it again, of all the forums I've ever joined, THIS one is by far the very best! Everyone is more than willing to help without constantly telling newbs or old dudes like me to "SEARCH!!!!!" Thanks to everyone for your unselfishness!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Thumbs up Re: Touch Pro Voice Command via BlueAnt V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz65 View Post
That is EXACTLY the mode/manner that I would prefer to use it!!!! I'll say it again, of all the forums I've ever joined, THIS one is by far the very best! Everyone is more than willing to help without constantly telling newbs or old dudes like me to "SEARCH!!!!!" Thanks to everyone for your unselfishness!
That's what this forum/site is for and you had a valid question that's why no one flamed you cause really blueant makes great bt headset but I can't never download there firmware either
Old 07-22-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
That's what this forum/site is for and you had a valid question that's why no one flamed you cause really blueant makes great bt headset but I can't never download there firmware either
I was always from the school that if firmware was available to update my devices (whatever they were) I would do it because I wanted it to be up to date. This firmware states that it corrected some audio dropout issues with HTC phones so I thought it was appropriate to install. Like you, it will not install! I was more shocked when the BlueAnt customer service rep said that it was not necessary to install. It seems to work wonderfully as of right now but something in me still makes me feel as though I'm missing an "improvement" of some type, sometimes I'm too anal about stuff like that I guess...I'm telling myself I don't need it, although I tried it again about an hour ago LOLOLOLOL!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro