PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Voice Command via BlueAnt V1 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75644)

Boaz65 07-21-2009 10:02 PM

Touch Pro Voice Command via BlueAnt V1

I just purchased the V1 and can't get it to work with the voice command in the Touch Pro. When I had my Original Jawbone, I simply pushed the talk button, the voice command "mic" appeared on the phone and I gave the command through the Jawbone. When I hit the button on the V1, the V1's command asks for a command but it doesn't connect to the phone. Any help with this is greatly appreciated! I also tried to do the firmware upgrade using both my laptop (vista) and my desktop (XP) and neither would complete. I called BlueAnt and they suggested upgrading using XP but then told me that it wasn't really necessary although it says for HTC phones (HUH?)

Boaz65 07-21-2009 10:23 PM

Re: Touch Pro Voice Command via BlueAnt V1

Seems as though I figured it out!

Dr.8820 07-21-2009 10:25 PM

alright soldier!

TheRealHotshot 07-21-2009 10:28 PM

And what did you do to figure it out?

Boaz65 07-21-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1050944)
And what did you do to figure it out?

I re-read the instructions a few more times, actually realizing that I was doing it right but it just wasn't connecting with the phone. I pushed the BlueAnt button once, it asks for a command, I said "phone commands". The V1 responds saying "activating your phones built-in voice commands". The phone display then lights up and the little voice command mic appeared and worked as before when I had the Jawbone.

TheRealHotshot 07-21-2009 10:52 PM

Ok thought so. Blueant V1 is the best bt I ever owned :headbang:

Unknown Zone 07-22-2009 01:04 AM

You can also, turn "off" (voice control) via the "setting menu" on the v1, and it will respond to the button just like standard bt headsets same as your Jawbone.

example: when you push the button, you will hear the beep on the phone and the mic icon will show up waiting for a command. So no more saying "Phone Command" to enter the phones msvc menu.

Boaz65 07-22-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 1051318)
You can also, turn "off" (voice control) via the "setting menu" on the v1, and it will respond to the button just like standard bt headsets same as your Jawbone.

example: when you push the button, you will hear the beep on the phone and the mic icon will show up waiting for a command. So no more saying "Phone Command" to enter the phones msvc menu.

That is EXACTLY the mode/manner that I would prefer to use it!!!! I'll say it again, of all the forums I've ever joined, THIS one is by far the very best! Everyone is more than willing to help without constantly telling newbs or old dudes like me to "SEARCH!!!!!" Thanks to everyone for your unselfishness!

TheRealHotshot 07-22-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boaz65 (Post 1051830)
That is EXACTLY the mode/manner that I would prefer to use it!!!! I'll say it again, of all the forums I've ever joined, THIS one is by far the very best! Everyone is more than willing to help without constantly telling newbs or old dudes like me to "SEARCH!!!!!" Thanks to everyone for your unselfishness!

That's what this forum/site is for and you had a valid question that's why no one flamed you cause really blueant makes great bt headset but I can't never download there firmware either :-|

Boaz65 07-22-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1052098)
That's what this forum/site is for and you had a valid question that's why no one flamed you cause really blueant makes great bt headset but I can't never download there firmware either :-|

I was always from the school that if firmware was available to update my devices (whatever they were) I would do it because I wanted it to be up to date. This firmware states that it corrected some audio dropout issues with HTC phones so I thought it was appropriate to install. Like you, it will not install! I was more shocked when the BlueAnt customer service rep said that it was not necessary to install. It seems to work wonderfully as of right now but something in me still makes me feel as though I'm missing an "improvement" of some type, sometimes I'm too anal about stuff like that I guess...I'm telling myself I don't need it, although I tried it again about an hour ago LOLOLOLOL!