PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
this battery's killin me

whatever rom i run, im done before the end of the day with battery life. and i have the big bulky rosie o'donnel battery too. if i run gps at all, forget it. i keep hearing geekers writing about using the reg battery and still getting through the day. my screen turns off in 10 seconds. i have no programs running in the background, so what else can i do. and im a flight attendent so dont say keep plugging it in
Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

trip is just getting started
Re: this battery's killin me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
whatever rom i run, im done before the end of the day with battery life. and i have the big bulky rosie o'donnel battery too. if i run gps at all, forget it. i keep hearing geekers writing about using the reg battery and still getting through the day. my screen turns off in 10 seconds. i have no programs running in the background, so what else can i do. and im a flight attendent so dont say keep plugging it in
im assuming you have wifi, bluetooth, and push mail off right? you could take your battery to a sprint store to make sure it passes all the tests... maybe a bad battery... did you get rid of your original one? have you tried it lately?
Old 08-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

yeah they both blow. its no the battery fer sure. its just a drag to not be able to enjoy all this phone does becasue of the battery
Old 08-16-2009, 03:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

is this happening more-so when in flight???

you be constantly going on and off roam thats for sure, big battery drainer right there
Old 08-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

no he phone is never on on he plane. i just,cant i cant charge it throughout the day on the plane
Old 08-16-2009, 06:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprrrint

MercuryHayes is just getting started

Latest Energy ROM -- Push mail every hour -- I average 2500 texts a month -- use Twitter a decent amount and browse online occasionally --- with the speedbooster cab & battery polling. -- i go 50% after 9hours of consistant usage Its changed my wireless life tremendously
Old 08-17-2009, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryHayes View Post
Latest Energy ROM -- Push mail every hour -- I average 2500 texts a month -- use Twitter a decent amount and browse online occasionally --- with the speedbooster cab & battery polling. -- i go 50% after 9hours of consistant usage Its changed my wireless life tremendously
Wow, I was getting nowhere near this with Energy ROM. I love the look and feel, but it goes down for me 50% in like 3 hours. What's the "battery polling" that you mentioned?

Also, I've had excellent battery life with Psyki 3 ROM, but it's 6.1. I'm on Energy ROM right now, and was actually about to switch back to Psyki 3; maybe I'll try reflashing Energy first and checking out the "battery polling".
Old 08-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

seriously, how can there be such a radical difference in battery life. even this thread shows it
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=446131.
is it just luck?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

actually will a barebones rom naturally get better battery life? im thinking that if theres nothing running in the background of a laoded rom it might not work like that
Old 08-17-2009, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50716

Merdinh's Rom gives me about 2 - 2.5 days with moderate use. I can go for about a day and a half max with heavy use.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro