PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 03:01 PM
N00b

Anthrax-VX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tv out options pop up then no sound!

for some reason my phone randomly will come up with the tv out options even though its not plugged into anything then it gets stuck in landscape mode and will have no audio, i reset it multiple times and this is the 2nd rom that started doing it, resetting it doesnt fix the audio, maybe 1 out of 10 times it will fix it, is there a way to disable the tv out option? im guessing its sensing that there is a tv out cable there and then sending all the audio that way? and yes its stuck in landscape mode and i cant get it back wihtout resetting it. any ideas? thanks, im running mighty rom 6, the wm 6.5, and the old one was from probably 4 months ago which was caulkins 4.5 i believe, something like that. just started doing it last night for some reason.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: tv out options pop up then no sound!

I don't know how to disable it, there maybe a registry edit, but if your phone is newish, i'd seriously think about a warranty return....only after I have hard reset to see if it is still doing it.

What rom are you using?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Anthrax-VX is a n00b

im using mighty rom 6 wm6.5 wierd, my phone is just sitting htere with nothing hooked into it and the tv out option pops up, annoying. sound works then it doesnt!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Take a min and toss a stock rom on it and see if that fixes it, but more than likely it is a hardware issue.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-24-2009, 04:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Anthrax-VX is a n00b

well so far i think it was a hardware issue, i cleaned the USB PORT! lol and it seemed to fix it, i used a cuetip and some tweezers and that seemed to fix it so hopefully all is well wow im a newb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro