PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery optimizaion/power tweaks(assistance)

Apologies up front if this thread is in the wrong place.
Hi all, I'm new to your forum and have been lurking a bit. I searched for battery info and came up with alot of not very relevant info, so thought I'd ask a question and make a comment.
I am new to cdma and have a pro. I had a gsm flavored pro for several months and find a whole set of power issues on this one I did not have before. It is a sprint device. I love it actually and it works well, but I'm currently using a 2000mAh extended and usually not making it thru a day with very moderate use.
I've tried every tweak within reason and it seems to not help. Some times the backside will get warm just sitting idle. The device comes out of standby/sleepmode randomly also.I use memmaid to check and kill or close apps , but I'm thinking that sprint keeps stuff going to much in the background, which task man cannot see. Other than this issue the sprint pro is awesome.
Does anyone have any suggestion. At the moment I'd prefer not to flash it. I'm addicted to flashing and trying to quit, one reason I jumped from gsm.(I'm serious) Anything else I can check? Any better task manager out there? Get a bigger battery.Lol. I hope to post a comment once in awhile and I've been enjoying your forum and your posts. I've been active on other forums.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by cbreze; 07-21-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Re: Battery optimizaion/power tweaks(assistance)

Well, unfortunately your post is in the wrong place. Somehow, I think you suspected that. Your question belongs in the more general parent forum. In any case, the reality is that you will need to flash if you want better battery. I am using Calkulin's largely due to better battery performance. There are many to pick from. Since you are looking to get out of flash addiction, I would reccommend going with the latest OS version that is actually seasoned and trusted. I am geussing here, but 501, 812, or 820 might be the answer. Find whichever build has received the most work / tweaks. Those arent usually bleeding edge. But obviously narrow to one that has the best battery. I think you might like the 812 or 820 build. I am using 23004 right now and it seems pretty solid for battery. I usually make it a whole day + with moderate use on stock battery.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

if nothing else flash a new radio, i've been having great luck with the telus radio with my sprint tp. better battery life and much less of a heating problem. i know you're trying to get away from flashing, but do radios really count?

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 07-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 07-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

if you dont want to flash, the best bet is to get the extended battery, Seidio have the 2000 mAh for 49 bucks or get the Mugen one that is more powerfull, but it will increase the thickness of the phone more than the seidio... hope it helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro