PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   what to do for better bluetooth strength? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75587)

m_reyna_16 07-21-2009 02:20 PM

what to do for better bluetooth strength?

as the title says, i bought a pair of motorola s9-hd headset and ive seen people post that they get awsome strength, and others, which is what is happening to me, say that they get a choppy sound when they go outside. what can i do to get better strength?

elmerfudpucker 07-21-2009 02:35 PM

Re: what to do for better bluetooth strength?

Keep the phone on the same side as the bluetooth, and there is a cab floating around here that updates the security as well.

m_reyna_16 07-21-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker (Post 1049748)
Keep the phone on the same side as the bluetooth, and there is a cab floating around here that updates the security as well.

the thing is that the bluetooth is not really more on one side than the other, it is on both of my ears and connects through the back. and that cab you are talking about...by updating the security, how is that going to help? security as in it is tougher for just anyone to get into my bluetooth or what? sorry, first bluetooth ever owned and dont know much as far as the connections!

pyro254750 07-21-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 1050429)
the thing is that the bluetooth is not really more on one side than the other, it is on both of my ears and connects through the back. and that cab you are talking about...by updating the security, how is that going to help? security as in it is tougher for just anyone to get into my bluetooth or what? sorry, first bluetooth ever owned and dont know much as far as the connections!

i read in another thread that the cab may also include updated drivers. couldnt hurt to give it a try. I have an S9 and a touch pro as well, and i have no issues at all with my phone in my front right pocket, which is where i keep it. Ive also ridden my bike with it in a tank bag in front of me, inside jacket pocket on the left, and a backpack on my back. same scenario, no breaking up at all. not really sure what to tell you. Ive had excellent performance out of it with stock rom, MR4, MR6, and for the very short time i tried it, MR5.

m_reyna_16 07-21-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro254750 (Post 1050466)
i read in another thread that the cab may also include updated drivers. couldnt hurt to give it a try. I have an S9 and a touch pro as well, and i have no issues at all with my phone in my front right pocket, which is where i keep it. Ive also ridden my bike with it in a tank bag in front of me, inside jacket pocket on the left, and a backpack on my back. same scenario, no breaking up at all. not really sure what to tell you. Ive had excellent performance out of it with stock rom, MR4, MR6, and for the very short time i tried it, MR5.

yea, im running mr6 right now, do you have a link or a name so i can search?

m_reyna_16 07-22-2009 12:50 PM

anyone have the name of that cab?

HBOOT 07-22-2009 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
cab from htc site coming up and 6.5 driver..
the bt security fix from htc is an exe, so umma have to get da link to it

m_reyna_16 07-22-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1052199)
cab from htc site coming up and 6.5 driver..
the bt security fix from htc is an exe, so umma have to get da link to it

thanks, ill give it a try, so what exactly does this cab do?

HBOOT 07-22-2009 01:15 PM

that one basically helps the AD2P ctrl, u sholuldnt have choppy sound unless the S9 is bad or TP btooth, do u use regualr headset ? how is your experience with that? I walk with my Jabra bt 620's round and bass is fantastic...

m_reyna_16 07-22-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1052258)
that one basically helps the AD2P ctrl, u sholuldnt have choppy sound unless the S9 is bad or TP btooth, do u use regualr headset ? how is your experience with that? I walk with my Jabra bt 620's round and bass is fantastic...

that worked better, but it doesnt let me contol it through the headset, i have to play it, and press next or back through the phone. is there any other that will let me use the buttons on the headset?