PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Keyboarrrrrrd issues as of late... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75581)

lifeuw19 07-21-2009 02:00 PM

Keyboarrrrrrd issues as of late...

So lately mmmy keyboard has been acting whacky. I push a letter and it sticks... big time. I decided to type on here to show you all what I'm dealing with. I'm not editing the message. Maybe there will be a lot of errors... maybe not. But it"s never done this until last week. So it's not the case of "fat thumbs" or typing too fast or anything like that. Doesn't matter how fast or slow I tyyype. I just think the keyboard has some issues. any fix out there, or anyone noticinnng anything similar? It'sss neeeeever the same letter... just random ones. Back on my mogul I installed the "Titan Keyboard" cab. Tried it here... didn't notice any change.

The only app I have added in the past few months is Finger Keyboard.

Any thoughhhhts?

PS... I just read my above text... HA! Looks like I type with a stuttter! HELP!

NinjaMom 07-21-2009 02:07 PM

Re: Keyboarrrrrrd issues as of late...

It is the epic HTC hardware keyboard failure. Soon, it will just quit typing all together.

Sporkman 07-21-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 1049676)
It is the epic HTC hardware keyboard failure. Soon, it will just quit typing all together.

yep had this happen on 6 Touch pros

SolApathy 07-21-2009 02:25 PM

Try this before you pull your hair out...

Start--->Settings--->Personal--->Buttons--->up/down control
Delay before repeat -Slide it to long
repeat rate- slow

Hopefully that will resolve your issue.

If it doesn't it looks like you have a hardware failure.

lordtakuban 02-12-2010 12:33 PM

mine does the same thing. This phone really annoys me at times. That's one of my main problems with it.

EDIT:
And the settings thing didn't work for me. It's definitely hardware failure in my case :(

I'll just hope it works long enough to find a suitable replacement phone on Sprint's network.

xiangppc 02-12-2010 02:28 PM

Hello guys, Keyboard related problem....
My keyboard have the above problem AND now everytime I type I have to press SPACE once in order for my typed messages appear.. any ideas

mr_valingo 02-21-2010 07:00 PM

had this happen on my other tp. it only entered text after i hit the space key. worked like that for a month then quit altogether. hard reset temporarily fixed it but switched roms and not a problem since

wiskydiver1 02-22-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeuw19 (Post 1049661)
So lately mmmy keyboard has been acting whacky. I push a letter and it sticks... big time. I decided to type on here to show you all what I'm dealing with. I'm not editing the message. Maybe there will be a lot of errors... maybe not. But it"s never done this until last week. So it's not the case of "fat thumbs" or typing too fast or anything like that. Doesn't matter how fast or slow I tyyype. I just think the keyboard has some issues. any fix out there, or anyone noticinnng anything similar? It'sss neeeeever the same letter... just random ones. Back on my mogul I installed the "Titan Keyboard" cab. Tried it here... didn't notice any change.

The only app I have added in the past few months is Finger Keyboard.

Any thoughhhhts?

PS... I just read my above text... HA! Looks like I type with a stuttter! HELP!

Shut the phone off. Open the keyboard. Using your thumbnail press hard and drag the spaces between each and every key, and around the edges multiple times, over and over. Make sure you hit every line firmly a few times. Got mine working again every single time. Seems like a little grit gets between the keys and causes a sticking problem.

Like I said, this has worked every time for me. I've had the problem many times before, yet have never had to have the phone replaced due to a keyboard failure. It's just dirty. It looks like a nicely sealed keyboard. It's not. And it only takes a grain of sand to mess the whole thing up.

ozlo 02-22-2010 11:11 AM

I too had the same exact issues. After re-seating and taping down the ribbon cables multiple times, the keyboard finally quit altogether. Furthermore, the sensor which detects if the keyboard is open or closed is now broken too! Whenever I turn the screen on, it thinks it is in landscape mode, which is not compatible with all apps. In order to switch to portrait, I have to go into phone mode/app. It will then reset again to landscape whenever the screen turns off.
I don't really care about replacing the keyboard since it will end up failing again, as they all do. I can still use the onscreen keyboard. Does anyone know of an application that would force it to stay in portrait mode unless I specifically switch it to landscape?

juicemane 02-22-2010 04:26 PM

i am aving the same problem. i am just going to sell my phone all together