PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Signal Issues

Okay, I have a signal problem that I've been dealing with for some time now. It wasn't until just now that I thought to ask you guys about it.

Anyway, on to the point. Sometimes my signal loses all of it's bars, and I won't recieve any calls. If I make a call while the signal is low, then I'll gain two bars, and I can make calls again. This is what I've been doing to work around the problem.

Here's what's confusing me. I'm on a trip right now (I've gone to New York from North Carolina), and not ONE TIME did my signal go above three bars! Andd it still lost signal completely sometimes along the way. Is it telling me that there isn't a SINGLE good signal spot halfway up the east coast??

This problem has persisted through rom and radio changes. I've flashed Merdinh's 6.1 and 6.5 roms and Mighty6, along with the UsCellular and Telus radios, and the problem has lasted through all of them.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks for your help!!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Signal Issues

Did you update your prl?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I tried to, but it gave me an error. Is there any way I can get that to work?
Old 07-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Almost a VIP

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff

I seem to remember a prl thread where someone had the file itself...but you may try to update via wifi.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Updating through wifi would probably be useful. How can I do that?

Or, if you remember where the thread was, can you post it? Thanks for your help!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

what rom are you using right now?use the search bar there are 11 radios you can use i'm in pittsburgh and am using the telis radio and get great signal but you need to try a bunch of different ones to see what works best with your rom.just search for radios and you will get the answer you need,try the verizon radio since they do have the best coverage on the east coast.

Last edited by htcman724; 07-21-2009 at 04:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Almost a VIP

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48229&page=2 try this
Old 07-21-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post

thats for updating sprint.the only other thing to do is flash to stock update the prl then try a different radio.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Almost a VIP

oh crap, he is alltel..sorry
Old 07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28661 2nd post has a link. sorry missed the part that you was alltel
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro