PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WIFI On-Demand

Okay, I remember reading about this some time ago, and can't find it anywhere. I'm at my dad's house, for 3 weeks, and i usually lock my phone to 1x and use wifi, but since the last time I've been here there was something about wifi on demand, where it would turn when needed. I certain i checked all the settings, but i notice on my rom (JUICY) that some settings I used to see are no longer there, such as "always dim backlight on lock" so I'm hoping its not one of these.

So if anyone can help me out, possible a reg key, I appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 02:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: WIFI On-Demand

ummm, could you state your actual question a little more clearly, sorry lol
Old 06-22-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sorry, I guess what Im trying to ask is how do you turn wifi on demand ON, when it isnt shown on the wifi settings page.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

its an app called wifi on demand?

to turn wifi on goto comm manager or settings,connections,wifi..
Old 06-22-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Not an app, it should be a setting. Its so you don't use the cell data connection, and everytime it needs to connect to the internet for something it turns wifi on automatically instead of the data connection. This really handy in 1x areas (which I am at now). Basically so you connect to wifi instead 1x without having wifi on constantly.
It used to be a setting in WIFI, but i don't have it in my current rom, but I'm hoping there is a reg key to enable it.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Hmm... never heard of it. I know you can delete you network connections to disable Sprint internet and put WiFi in low power mode so it shuts off when inactive but comes online when needed.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

uhh, i dunno man, ive never heard of that... what phone had that setting in it? not a TOuch Pro, and not a Mogul, ive violated those 2 devices personally and its no setting ive ever seen, or read about even i think.. "wifi on demand" , thats really what its called?

***edit, i cant get nothing out of a google search either and thats rare to come up empty like that..

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 06-22-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

this would be a nice .cab file to make so that their is some sort of setting like this. I would def use/buy it. I would like to keep wifi turned on but its a battery user. A setting that only allows wifi to connect when it's needed would be amazing.

I think i need a SDK program, hmm....lets go get it.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rekphiv is becoming a great contributor

Sorry I can't be of more help, But I saw the thread you were talking about maybe a month or two ago. You aren't crazy, It exists even if the search doesn't find it!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
ive violated those 2 devices personally
Um, TMI? LOL. Violated? I assume you meant validated.

hahahaha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro