PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

orlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Metro Rom for Sprint Touch Pro

I have an extra Touch Pro I am gonna sell. And I wanted to know If there are
ROM's here on PPC to make the Sprint Touch Pro work if activated on Metro.
Data and all.

I did allot of searching so please don't bash me if this question has been answered. Will Press Thanks!

Get your hands on one
http://www.amazon.com/Echoes-Tempore...1032183&sr=8-1

If I help Then look Right Over Here------------>

--------------press the button--------------->
Old 04-05-2009, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Dell Axim 51v
Carrier: MetroPCS

fdbryant3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Best Metro Rom for Sprint Touch Pro

Not sure I understand the question. Has the phone already been flashed over to MetroPCS? If so any ROM should be suitable. I'd put KK's on there if for no other reason than to sell them loaded with apps (but that is my preference, one could make the argument that one of the excellent clean roms might be the way to go).

If the phone hasn't been flashed for MetroPCS then I wouldn't do anything with it. Who ever is buying it will need to get a Metro dealer to do it (HTC phones are officially supported for MetroPCS but many dealers will do it regardless). This is done via Houdini software which is design to operate with the stock ROM. While in theory having a custom ROM shouldn't make a difference, the process can be finicky I wouldn't want to introduce a potential additional complication.

Once they have had their phone successfully flashed then they can customize with whatever ROM they want.

It should be noted that the MetroFLASH process only gets your phone on the network with phone and SMS. Nothing else is supported. While some stores may set you up with data many simply don't know how to (in fact you should consider yourself doing good to get them to successfully flash the phone in the first place). If they go to the MetroPCS section of HowardForums.com they can find instructions to set it themselves with data (actually there are the same instructions around here somewhere but I don't feel like digging them up).
Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

papidj is just getting started

Well i have some cuestions:

I have a recently flashed houdinni/metro htc touch pro cdma, working over the metro network (not internet over network yet) and i want to use a custom rom (migthy rom), i know first my phone must be unlocked, and flash the custom rom, but doing this process implies a hard reset.

1- this hard reset erase all settings made by metro ? (i don't want to pay again for reprograming)
2- Do i need a backup program to keep the metro settings or is not need it (just go with the unlocking/flashing, and all metro settings stay there )?, Witch program is if i need it?
3-Witch metod do you recomend to unlock and later flash safely my metro htc tp ?.

I did unlock my phone and flashed a custom rom before going to the metro store(the Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team, and worked great), but they culd not make it work on the metro system, then put the stock rom again, lock it and then went again to metro, and now it's working on their network (and after paying $50 dlls)

So i want to have a custom rom but i don't want to lose my conection to the metro network and pay more to get my phone working.

thanks.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Thread moved to general touch pro forum.

OP, Here is some more research for you: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro