PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   6.5 ............ argh. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75429)

hairyhermit 07-20-2009 05:01 PM

6.5 ............ argh.

I get graphics glitches, the today screen menu blows, everything seems slower (and buggier), and a host of other little things that I've been annoyed about ever since I upgraded. I've tried a couple of different 6.5 roms and haven't been happy with any of them.

Anyone else? Suggestions or critiques?

BRIVERS73 07-20-2009 05:31 PM

Re: 6.5 ............ argh.

Why not go back to 6.1 and wait for the official release?

noxx22 07-20-2009 05:32 PM

im seemed to have developed a bit of a Flash addiction.. and i have yet to be completely satisfied with any of the ROMs i've loaded.. but im getting there... 6.5 has a lot of nice features and the ROMs that are being cooked up are looking better with each revision.
What are you looking for in a ROM? Stability over all else... simplicity..?
I've been thinking about starting a thread for people to compare different ROMs by giving: 1) their expectations 2) the ROMs they try 3) the results
That way, people can find someone who has similar expectations and find out what ROM suits them the best.

hairyhermit 07-20-2009 05:45 PM

My biggest issue with 6.5 roms so far is all of them seem to have graphics glitches or they lag.

So far the look and feel of juicys is my favorite, but the problems with it drive me f'ing crazy. I do plan on going back to 6.1 for now, give it a few months for bugs to be worked out.

noxx22 07-20-2009 07:04 PM

yea i tried juicy earlier.. not my thing... a lot of the 6.5 ROM seems to have basic issues.. SSS 0203s : the power button didnt work.. despite that, it's my favorite 6.5 ROM so far.. I liked energy ROM a lot too.. MightyROM is too bare and the Input methods are lacking... usually i get annoyed at little things like the input.. like MightyROM 6 .. when you press a key, it doesn't display the character above your finger, but under it.. defeating the purpose somewhat...

Im about to flash SSS 0204s.. I'll let you know how it goes... =)

mlin 07-20-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairyhermit (Post 1047750)
My biggest issue with 6.5 roms so far is all of them seem to have graphics glitches or they lag.

So far the look and feel of juicys is my favorite, but the problems with it drive me f'ing crazy. I do plan on going back to 6.1 for now, give it a few months for bugs to be worked out.

I'm curious, what are your major complaints about Juicy's ROM?

pyro254750 07-20-2009 07:28 PM

Personally, i dont judge a rom by looks, because i make it look how i want once i have everything loaded. My suggestion would be to disregard the looks of the rom and judge it strictly by how it performs. Then once youve chosen the rom you want, start working with the GUI to get the look and feel you want. It takes time, but youll be happier with it in the end. My personal choice is Mighty 6 with various changes to the gui, and several programs loaded the it doesnt come with. Very stable, faster than 6.1 with touch flo 3d, easier to navigate without a stylus.

peepeesea 07-20-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairyhermit (Post 1047647)
I get graphics glitches, the today screen menu blows, everything seems slower (and buggier), and a host of other little things that I've been annoyed about ever since I upgraded. I've tried a couple of different 6.5 roms and haven't been happy with any of them.

Anyone else? Suggestions or critiques?

i really couldn't agree less. certainly its not prefect. but still it s a huge improvement over 6.1 and can only get better IMO.

Mighty ROM has been my ROM of choice so far but i also like DCD's Roms... very fast and stable.

Compusmurf 07-20-2009 10:27 PM

Every 6.5 rom I've tried, I always end up back on 6.1. Either programs I like don't behave, or some odd quirk shows up. Seems like 6.5 is just "window dressing" over 6.1.

Ah well, I'm waiting on 7 anyway