PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM
Carrier: Sprint

tstretch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rreduce the brightness of WM6's auto adjust backlight feature????

I like the functionality of Window's Mobile's backlight auto adjust but it typically makes my screen brighter than i really need to see it well. This of course kills the battery even faster in my Touch Pro. Is there a registry setting somewhere to adjust this?

I've seen a setting in Advanced Config that has to do with the sensitivity of the backlight but I haven't noticed any difference here when i adjust it..

As a side note on that, I had to get a factory refurb touch pro cuase mine bit the dust and now on this phone, Advanced Config won't run any more. When I run it, I get an unexpected error due to needing a more recent version of Microsoft's .NET Compact Framework... But I've got installed the newest version to my knowledge..? Its the same one I've already installed on this phone..???
Old 07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Rreduce the brightness of WM6's auto adjust backlight feature????

LevelSight

G-Light

Lumos

I played around with early versions of LevelSight and Lumos. Not quite up to my expectations when I tried them, but that was a long time ago and things may have changed. Let us know if you particularly like one of them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
LevelSight

G-Light

Lumos

I played around with early versions of LevelSight and Lumos. Not quite up to my expectations when I tried them, but that was a long time ago and things may have changed. Let us know if you particularly like one of them.
I use Lumos and like it, but I've got a 2-3% CPU usage whenever the phone is not in standby and my phone will die very quickly while awake, I've noticed - but I'm not sure if that is normal or caused by Lumos.

As far as how useful it is - very much so, it's very precise and very fast when it comes to adjusting the backlight. Excellent program.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

I Use Lumos and love it
Old 07-21-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM
Threadstarter

tstretch is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I use Lumos and like it, but I've got a 2-3% CPU usage whenever the phone is not in standby and my phone will die very quickly while awake, I've noticed - but I'm not sure if that is normal or caused by Lumos.

As far as how useful it is - very much so, it's very precise and very fast when it comes to adjusting the backlight. Excellent program.
I played around with these but think I like Lumos best by far! I played with the custom Mode until I have it to my liking and this combined w/ Nue Clock Control, I think my battery life has improved significantly! Thanks everyone!

One more question though, what app are you using to check your processor usage?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
I like the functionality of Window's Mobile's backlight auto adjust but it typically makes my screen brighter than i really need to see it well. This of course kills the battery even faster in my Touch Pro. Is there a registry setting somewhere to adjust this?

I've seen a setting in Advanced Config that has to do with the sensitivity of the backlight but I haven't noticed any difference here when i adjust it..

As a side note on that, I had to get a factory refurb touch pro cuase mine bit the dust and now on this phone, Advanced Config won't run any more. When I run it, I get an unexpected error due to needing a more recent version of Microsoft's .NET Compact Framework... But I've got installed the newest version to my knowledge..? Its the same one I've already installed on this phone..???
Not sure about the backlight auto adjust... but Advanced Config is likely not running because you need to install the .NET 3.5 package which can be found by searching these forums. That should be easy to fix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro