PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Bell Mobilty

Migwans is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Xbox Live connection

I have been investigatnig the the TP's ability to connect to Xbox Live, wich apperantly can be done. Where I have some confusion is with the speed of the 3G connection and it's ability to support online play. From my invetigation, there two camps on this issue, those saying online gameplay is fine, others say that lag make a waste of time. With that said, to anyone who has made this connection...what gives?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto mpx 220>tmobile mda>6900 nfsfan 6.5>htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

ruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good workruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ruthlessbeatle
Re: Xbox Live connection

this is a good question id like to know the same
Old 07-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migwans View Post
I have been investigatnig the the TP's ability to connect to Xbox Live, wich apperantly can be done. Where I have some confusion is with the speed of the 3G connection and it's ability to support online play. From my invetigation, there two camps on this issue, those saying online gameplay is fine, others say that lag make a waste of time. With that said, to anyone who has made this connection...what gives?
Its possible i have a friend who does it, and it doesnt lag for him. It also depends how fast your connection is, which depends on your area and your signal strength.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Whenever my internet is down, I tether my Sprint Touch Pro with my notebook, and then share it with my 360 via a network cable. No lag when I play Halo 3
Old 07-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

No lag here either. Works very well when needed.
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

i have used my tp as my connection with minimal lag playing cod world at war but no lag playing smackdown vs raw 2009

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:42 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

How long can u guys play b4 battery dies?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

its amazing that this subject is up because i was thinking about trying it last night. Can you go str8 usb to the XBOX and it work?

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
How long can u guys play b4 battery dies?
the phone charges when its plugged in the computer, so it wont die when you do it.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj19 View Post
its amazing that this subject is up because i was thinking about trying it last night. Can you go str8 usb to the XBOX and it work?
no you cannot, you need to plug your phone in the computer then plug the computer into the xbox via ethernet

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro