PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Floods7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What do you 6.5 ROM do you reccommend?

I am somewhat new this this.. But I'm looking for a fast (obviously) ROM. Ive downloaded a few and none of them have the weather feature on the home screen or a good lock screen where you can set a pic as the locked screen background. Can someone link me somehting like this?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

typex is just getting started
Re: What do you 6.5 ROM do you reccommend?

You should've posted your thread in the main section
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 07-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floods7 View Post
I am somewhat new this this.. But I'm looking for a fast (obviously) ROM. Ive downloaded a few and none of them have the weather feature on the home screen or a good lock screen where you can set a pic as the locked screen background. Can someone link me somehting like this?

Thanks
MightyROM6 is probably the fastest, most stable WM6.5 ROM out there. While it doesnt have the weather on the home screen cooked in, there's plenty of info to get it installed quick.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695
Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

download caulkin's kitchen then make your own with titanium weather cooked in, and jmz lockscreen changer. BAM your own rom!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

just a word of advice. If you are looking for a rom to install and it have everything included that you want, you will not ever find it unless you start cooking your own roms. Roms are just the basic operating system we run on our devices. sure the chef might cook some extra goodies in, but thats not what you want the rom for, you want it for the tweaks and stability, the building block to build your device how you like it. Mighty 6 is the most stable 6.5 rom in my opinion, but others may feel differently.

Once you have a rom loaded, then start adding items you want that it doesnt already have (youve already mentioned weather, so start there). My advice is to put a folder on your SD card to store all the cab files that you end up loading to complete your rom. That way in the future, if you decide to try a new rom, you can load the new rom, then load the cab files directly off the sd card, soft reset, and everything you want is right where its supposed to be.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 07-21-2009, 11:31 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

EnergyROM, again you would have to install titanium weather and i use S2U2 for my lock.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 07-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

NFSFan's ROM is really good. It is the best for my needs at the moment, and it has the weather on the Titanium home screen: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516509

EnergyROM is very good too. It felt a little slower for me, but that ROM is very polished (You'll have to install the weather thing on your own though).

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 07-21-2009, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Merdin's latest rom has the weather on the home screen and the battery tweaks in it are top notch. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50716
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I too vote for nfsfan's rom. nothing has run this well for this long. energy would be my second choice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro