PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

zenofal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New phone nothing but trouble

I'm new to this whole flashing thing but I'm pretty good about reading and searching.

I just got a Verizon Touch Pro and I've tried multiple ROMs on it all with the same problem. TouchFlo 3D just keeps restarting. I've tried Juicy 8, latest MightyROM, latest Energy, latest SSS all with the same problem. It'll say tap here to launch touchflo 3d then it'll launch then as soon as I start doing some stuff or sometimes even without doing anything it will crash and restart.

I tried changing the Page Pool on all these images to 8 MB since the verizon phone is a bit crippled. This is driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated...
Old 07-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: New phone nothing but trouble

I've got a gimped VZW bundle of joy also. I have changed the pagepool to 8mb on each rom I've installed as well. I've had the best luck running Calkulin's roms even though this 004 rom blew up on me last week I just reinstalled the same rom yesterday and I'm rolling fine again.
I haven't had any real problems running Touch Flo. Seems to work pretty decent to me. Just make sure you cook your own rom and things should be good if you don't install all the junk.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:21 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

So you've had the same TouchFlo restarting problems on other ROMs you tried? I mean it happens as soon as I load my contacts on a brand new reflash. I'm starting to think I got a lemon and maybe I should try replacing it.

Any Verizon users out there using any of these ROMs with no problem:
SSS
Energy
Juicy 8
MightyROM

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2

silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker

have you tried a fresh flash with a hard reset? Sometimes this clears up some bugs. Also if it happeneds when you load your contacts you might have a bad contact info or somethign. I would try create like 5 fake contacts after the flash see if it works fine most likely it will. Then you know something is wrong with a contact or 2. Depends on how much work you wana put into finding the problem.

Or

You can just give up on TF3D!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

These are all fresh flashes with hard resets. If this is due to a problem with one of my contacts do you think it would happen even if I'm not touching that contact or opening it at the time?
Old 07-19-2009, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

i dont think so.heres what i would do flash back to stock hard reset then try flashing any rom you want sometimes that will get the bug out .if that doesnt work flash back to stock relock and return it.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 07-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenofal View Post
So you've had the same TouchFlo restarting problems on other ROMs you tried? I mean it happens as soon as I load my contacts on a brand new reflash. I'm starting to think I got a lemon and maybe I should try replacing it.

Any Verizon users out there using any of these ROMs with no problem:
SSS
Energy
Juicy 8
MightyROM

Thanks!
I haven't had any Touch Flo restarting problems. I've tried a few other rom's for fun but I always gravitate back to Calkulin's kitchens. They run the fastest for me and I have the least trouble with.
The other roms you've mentioned work good for me but seems to be slower on my VZW ramLESS wonder
Old 07-19-2009, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenofal View Post
I'm new to this whole flashing thing but I'm pretty good about reading and searching.

I just got a Verizon Touch Pro and I've tried multiple ROMs on it all with the same problem. TouchFlo 3D just keeps restarting. I've tried Juicy 8, latest MightyROM, latest Energy, latest SSS all with the same problem. It'll say tap here to launch touchflo 3d then it'll launch then as soon as I start doing some stuff or sometimes even without doing anything it will crash and restart.

I tried changing the Page Pool on all these images to 8 MB since the verizon phone is a bit crippled. This is driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated...
Well then you found your issue. Your running a ROM designed for another device!

Have you tried my ROM? Tailored for, tested on, released for the VZW Pro. Only kitchen on PPC Geeks or XDA devoted to the VZW Pro.

I can tell you right now.... My manila doesnt do that ;c)

Check me out at SSKUsers.net

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro