PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 04:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

drtrmiller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I return my TP?

So I just got my first TP from Verizon the other day and I noticed how the screen sits flush with the rest of the device, in contrast to my Samsung i760 which was recessed about 2 mm.

However, it appears that the bottom left corner screen is slightly raised about 1 mm higher than the other 4 corners--like I could probably take a knife or my fingernail and peel it off if I really tried.

I'm not sure if I should return the unit as defective or just hope that a year down the road it hasn't grown into a major problem.

Is anyone else's screen not 100% flush with the rest of the device on all 4 corners?

Any opinion as to what I should do?

Old 07-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint (for now.)

xhorntail is a n00b
Re: Should I return my TP?

I'd stick with what ya got. A lot of people, including myself, tend to get refurb's with worse problems than that. And for what it's worth, the lower left corner of my screen appears fluch, but the screen protector doesn't stick to it because it is slightly inset.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work

if hes within 30 days it will be a NIB replacement. however i would return it, get your money back, have your contract end date reverted and get a sprint touch pro....
Old 07-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i got a phone just like yours but mine was worse. the whole side was raised that high and bothered me so i called in and got a different one. funny thing is. this phone was actually a new one.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

if you can replace it for free, and it's worth your time, then do it. it sounds like it bothers you enough. however, these things are made so cheaply, in my opinion, that there is no way of knowing if the next one is any better. I was on my second sprint touch pro after 45 days due to a manufacturer defect. The second, refurbished one is working ok though for now.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

drtrmiller is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Precision View Post
if hes within 30 days it will be a NIB replacement. however i would return it, get your money back, have your contract end date reverted and get a sprint touch pro....
VZW is giving me this device, new, for less than $100. . .the 2 year contract price, 2 $70 instant rebates ($140), the $70 mail-in rebate, my $50 upgrade credit, and a $50 courtesy credit. It was a deal I couldn't refuse.

So Sprint TP without contract and on their network seems like a waste.

I mean I want to stick with VZW and I don't want to have to go through the trouble of provisioning a Spring TP for VZW.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro