PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Should I return my TP? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75285)

drtrmiller 07-19-2009 04:38 AM

Should I return my TP?

So I just got my first TP from Verizon the other day and I noticed how the screen sits flush with the rest of the device, in contrast to my Samsung i760 which was recessed about 2 mm.

However, it appears that the bottom left corner screen is slightly raised about 1 mm higher than the other 4 corners--like I could probably take a knife or my fingernail and peel it off if I really tried.

I'm not sure if I should return the unit as defective or just hope that a year down the road it hasn't grown into a major problem.

Is anyone else's screen not 100% flush with the rest of the device on all 4 corners?

Any opinion as to what I should do?

xhorntail 07-19-2009 06:07 AM

Re: Should I return my TP?

I'd stick with what ya got. A lot of people, including myself, tend to get refurb's with worse problems than that. And for what it's worth, the lower left corner of my screen appears fluch, but the screen protector doesn't stick to it because it is slightly inset.

Elite Precision 07-19-2009 06:27 AM

if hes within 30 days it will be a NIB replacement. however i would return it, get your money back, have your contract end date reverted and get a sprint touch pro....

psycho_maniac 07-19-2009 06:44 AM

i got a phone just like yours but mine was worse. the whole side was raised that high and bothered me so i called in and got a different one. funny thing is. this phone was actually a new one.

studentjunk 07-19-2009 06:47 AM

if you can replace it for free, and it's worth your time, then do it. it sounds like it bothers you enough. however, these things are made so cheaply, in my opinion, that there is no way of knowing if the next one is any better. I was on my second sprint touch pro after 45 days due to a manufacturer defect. The second, refurbished one is working ok though for now.

drtrmiller 07-19-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Precision (Post 1045273)
if hes within 30 days it will be a NIB replacement. however i would return it, get your money back, have your contract end date reverted and get a sprint touch pro....

VZW is giving me this device, new, for less than $100. . .the 2 year contract price, 2 $70 instant rebates ($140), the $70 mail-in rebate, my $50 upgrade credit, and a $50 courtesy credit. It was a deal I couldn't refuse.

So Sprint TP without contract and on their network seems like a waste.

I mean I want to stick with VZW and I don't want to have to go through the trouble of provisioning a Spring TP for VZW.