PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: metropcs

Gatherman11891 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing a previously unlocked sprint htc touch pro to metro pcs

Hello, my father recently got a palm pre and gave me his old sprint htc touch pro to replace my p.o.s. phone. However the htc touch pro is already unlocked and the metroflash, according to the woman at the metro pcs store, doesn't work.

I was wondering what step i need to take to make my htc touch compatible with the metroflash software. I am new to the pocket pc platform, but I'm very capable when it comes to technology.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because i really want this phone to work.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Block is becoming a great contributor
Re: Flashing a previously unlocked sprint htc touch pro to metro pcs

Quote:
Hello to all,

I did not do this on my own. I did a ton of reading and basically pulled the information from all of the other post.

I wanted to make one just for the Sprint Diamonds.

I have a HTC Diamond on Metro with the $45.00 plan. It is unlocked has the 2001 PRL and I placed Juicy's Rom Version 3.8 on it.

Do not skip any steps!!!!!

This works...

WAP

1: Goto settings -> Connections -> Connections
2: Remove any connections that are there
3: Open your phone and enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.

4: Set the following values:

M.IP Settings:
MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:
NAI = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Security:
HDR AN AUTH User Id = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
PPP USER ID = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
PPP PASSWORD = metropcs

5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
Username: yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
Password: metropcs
Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.

Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

MMS

MAKE SURE YOUR WEB IS WORKING PROPERLY (ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS) AS YOU CAN'T HAVE MMS WITHOUT WORKING INTERNET!!!!!

Remove/Uninstall any existing MMS composer you have attempted to setup. Also a good idea to remove any registry keys it may have created that are left behind after the uninstall.

1: Install Arcsoft MMS version 5.0.70.24 from Verzion.

2: Open your Messaging and click on the SMS/MMS option.

3: Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "Servers" tab.

4: Add a new server with the following settings:

Server Name: metropcs
Gateway: wap.metropcs.net
Port number: 3128
Server address: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
Connect via: SELECT EITHER THE CONNECTION YOU SETUP ABOVE OR "The internet"
Send limit: 399K

5: Click "Done" and then set the new server as default.

6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]

DELETE KEY -> "X-VzW-MDN"
ADD STRING -> "X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )
ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number WITH the 1 in front of it )

try that, im clueless but I searched it for u which is what u shoulda done if you hadnt already..good luck
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Gatherman11891 is a n00b

I did a search but i found no post with a situation similar to mine, that i could see. Also that is for setting up wap and mms, which is done after the flash to metropcs. Not flashing a currently unlocked phone or fixing the software incompatibility.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There are alot of inept metro pcs reps that don't know what they are doing. To flash a phone to metro, you first try a metro corp store (main metro pcs store) in your area. Take it there. Chances are they will tell you it can't be done, even though it is on their houdini list (Metro PCS uses houdinisoft as a way to add the PRL onto the phone and ESN onto their network). Check here for supported device (which Touch Pro is on the list): http://www.houdinisoft.com/device I argued with a manager once about Sprint Mogul, which they claimed it can't be done-which another metro store did. And even if you would bring in a previous metro flashed phone, they still want to try to reflash it to make money ($47). If a corp store flashes it, then try the above setting to add web and mms....If the corp store gives you the run around, try a dealer (I will make phone calls first). Now if you can't find a dealer, then try Craigslist. Sometimes some cellphone stores advertise on craigslist they can flash it and activate your phone. I found a dealer (authorized metro pcs store) who flashed and actived my htc mogul and now my htc touch pro. Ask alot of questions, some can flash it- but no web or mms added- that will be up to you. And some flash, with mms and web but don't activate the phone for you...so do ask before you take it to someone.

Here is a an example of a craigslist ad:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/1307468018.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mob/1304383321.html

Alot of people think flashing a phone is illegal... and it is not. Now, clonning, that is illegal. So make sure, you are NOT clonning your phone. When a phone gets flashed at a metro store, they make you sign a paper authorizing the phone to get flash. Be wary about stores who don't do this.

To learn more about flashing, go to this site, Howardforums, great site for info...http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...s=&forumid=335

According to Logic4l 3vil of Howardforums,
MARKETS THAT DO NOT SUPPORT THE METRO FLASHING:

PHILLY

VEGAS

NYC

LOUISIANA

"
There is a huge difference between flashing and having your phones esn added to MetroPCS.

Flashing your phone does not mean the esn is automaticly added to MetroPCS.

1. Flashing the phone Consists of Modifying the phones settings inorder to work on the MetroPCS network.. This includes modifying the prl settings, wap settings, the mip settings, and the mms settings of your phone.. Just because you change these your self does not mean that metro pcs will automaticly add your esn and your done..

2. ESN adding is done through Houdini.. This is the only legal way to have your esn on MetroPCS. Flashing your phone yourself will not get your esn on metro's network not even if you can dial *228 and get the customer service line.. There is no legal way other than Houdini to add your esn to metros network..

If you take it apon your self to Flash or modify your phone you should realize that you will still have to pay to have your service acquired through metro pcs.. The phone must be Houdini Flashed an allowed to enter Metro's esn data base and billing data base.."

Good luck, hope it helped.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond diam500
Carrier: metro pcs

denker is a n00b

to block after you enter the ##778# and you select edit how do you get the unlock code
Old 08-17-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro Pcs w/ working Web and MMS

HTCMOGULnATL is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by denker View Post
to block after you enter the ##778# and you select edit how do you get the unlock code

there is a program called BAF MSL grabber that will get the code for you. Very easy just download then use Active sync to put on phone, install program and run it, will pop up and ask u if its ok to go into airplane mode, click yes, will then pop up with your code.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

clsandabc is a n00b
Most of time the code is defaulted to six zeros.....three of mine were after a flash
Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatherman11891 View Post
Hello, my father recently got a palm pre and gave me his old sprint htc touch pro to replace my p.o.s. phone. However the htc touch pro is already unlocked and the metroflash, according to the woman at the metro pcs store, doesn't work.

I was wondering what step i need to take to make my htc touch compatible with the metroflash software. I am new to the pocket pc platform, but I'm very capable when it comes to technology.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because i really want this phone to work.
ok... im gonna go ahead and call BullS*it on this one....

your father bought a newer sprint phone, and gave you the device he was currently using b4 he purchased the new one... well why would you think its metro flashed, since he was obviously using it on sprint b4 giving it to you..... this is your Bulls*it!

The Truth:

Your local metro store(s) told you they wont/cant flash your phone for you... so you wanna know is there "another way" to get the device on Metro...

Solution(s):

its unfortunate your local store(s) are misleading you... Houdini, the software Metro uses to flash devices, will flash your TP no problem(minus data and mms).. they just know they cant sell u insurance and/or do repair work on it since its not Metro Branded, and are in short refusing your buisness as a new customer...

Houdini, is the only way to legally way get that Sprint TP on Metro...

1) check your local craigslist, there are always plenty of independent Metro Dealers willing to take your buisness and flash you onto Metro at their smaller, non corp store..

2) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=14 the post that was copy/pasted by another above

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531236 another good one

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...tro+pcs&page=3 you want post #61 and 62(commonly when setting up the mms/data, your deleted cnnections come back due to not doing the "dummy file" part right, this link gives the solution for that)

thats really about all the help we can give you... youve gotta find a Metro dealer willing to flash for you, or you we cant help you go much farther than this.. sorry

***edit*** some was a faster typer than me, sorry for the double post basically lol

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-20-2009 at 12:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

chaten is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block View Post
try that, im clueless but I searched it for u which is what u shoulda done if you hadnt already..good luck
how do i find out my epst unlock code?? and uhm.. do we need these setting in order for metro to flash over my phone to their network??
Old 09-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro

2TALLJONES is a n00b

I also have a htc touch pro and had it metroflash at metro in dallas.Im on the metro service but no internet or pic message or gps nor tv..any help wil do ..thks..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro