PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Mogul/Touch dialer on TP? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75256)

g00fba11 07-18-2009 09:08 PM

Mogul/Touch dialer on TP?

Is there anyway to use the old, but much better smart dialer from the Mogul/Touch? Is there a cab for it? Thanks in advance.

patheticpuma 07-18-2009 09:29 PM

Re: Mogul/Touch dialer on TP?

i would think its unlikely because of several reasons first off being the qvga/vga difference, but there could be a theme or skin out there somewhere to give it the appearance, but as for full on dialer, not that ive seen and ive looked

Talon Pro 07-19-2009 01:19 AM

Well how about this, how do you switch to the Windows dialer?

patheticpuma 07-19-2009 02:01 AM

honestly, im not sure how to switch off the manilla dialer

fenixjn 07-19-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 1045086)
Well how about this, how do you switch to the Windows dialer?

You can use the Advanced Configuration Tool to get the standard dialer that comes with windows. Just install, then run and go to the phone section and disable the phone skin. Soft reset and enjoy.

g00fba11 07-19-2009 03:03 PM

I really miss the old "smart dialer" interface. I am not sure why HTC had to change it. The standard WM dialer is kinda ugly and the digit numbers are a bit small. Hope someone could come up with the old, simpler, better dialer.

superflysocal 07-19-2009 05:56 PM

i for one like the new dialer alot. I think you probably miss the drop down box during smartdial?

However, the biggest improvement for me in the manila dialer is the ability to go to text messaging from call history list or manually dialed number. Such a simple thing that you can do with most non-smart phones but not with windows old dialer. Because of it I never need to use iContact anymore. i just go to my dialer and use smart dial to get the contact and then send a text message. Texting was my only reason i used iContact in the past.

g00fba11 07-19-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysocal (Post 1045930)
i for one like the new dialer alot. I think you probably miss the drop down box during smartdial?

However, the biggest improvement for me in the manila dialer is the ability to go to text messaging from call history list or manually dialed number. Such a simple thing that you can do with most non-smart phones but not with windows old dialer. Because of it I never need to use iContact anymore. i just go to my dialer and use smart dial to get the contact and then send a text message. Texting was my only reason i used iContact in the past.

yes...the drop down, the state auto-ID when you enter the area code, the click on a call history then use the arrow key to find alternate numbers, and the no-delay ring...those are the things I miss about the old dialer.

BTW, if I understand you correctly, on the old dialer you could tap and hold on a call history, and go directly to send SMS as well.

patheticpuma 07-19-2009 09:03 PM

i did some searching and found some people trying to port the vogue dialer to newer devices, but the results seem to be many bad things requiring hard resets to fix. i too would like this dialer so i hope they get it soon.

g00fba11 07-20-2009 10:19 PM

well...if I can't have the old smart dialer at this point, and aside from TP dialer, WM standard dialer, does anyone have dialers they would recommend?