PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

Sivion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arcsoft - Sprint - Silence/Mighty - Not Working

Hello All,

After many searches, I finally have to resort to posting my issue. I am currently using the Silence / Mighty ROM release Build 21051 (WM 6.1) June 25th version. (I don't know the official version number, just that it was released that day and that build number).

Anyway, it's been a great ROM, but I can't seem to get Arcsoft working. I want to get MMS messages, but I can't seem to find a solution to this. I have tried Arcsoft version 5.0.82.79. But it doesn't seem to work. I try sending test messages from my sisters phone since I know she sends to all her friends usually and one of my friends phone which neither message from neither phone will get received.

I followed the instructions for installation for the arcsoft .cab, but it just won't work for me. Is there something with this ROM that doesn't play nice with this software? I would really like to get MMS on my phone. I also have an unlimited plan from Sprint, so I know it can't be a limitation on my phone plan or anything.

Love the ROM, really don't want to switch and just hoping that it's something that I can change in some way that will make it work on this ROM.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Arcsoft - Sprint - Silence/Mighty - Not Working

i dont use arcsoft so i cant help, but post in the proper thread next time so we can keep it clean here.

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivion View Post
Hello All,

After many searches, I finally have to resort to posting my issue. I am currently using the Silence / Mighty ROM release Build 21051 (WM 6.1) June 25th version. (I don't know the official version number, just that it was released that day and that build number).

Anyway, it's been a great ROM, but I can't seem to get Arcsoft working. I want to get MMS messages, but I can't seem to find a solution to this. I have tried Arcsoft version 5.0.82.79. But it doesn't seem to work. I try sending test messages from my sisters phone since I know she sends to all her friends usually and one of my friends phone which neither message from neither phone will get received.

I followed the instructions for installation for the arcsoft .cab, but it just won't work for me. Is there something with this ROM that doesn't play nice with this software? I would really like to get MMS on my phone. I also have an unlimited plan from Sprint, so I know it can't be a limitation on my phone plan or anything.

Love the ROM, really don't want to switch and just hoping that it's something that I can change in some way that will make it work on this ROM.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

try reprogramming your phone via EPST....It may fix some settings for you.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:16 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I did a simple search on the thread and found a possible answer in the:

FAQ in post # 585, Here is the direct link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=585

I would have put a Faq in like post #2.

But also a few things to remember:
1. Always post in your rom thread, never start a new thread. Your chef(s) usually subcribe to them thus monitor them over time.
2. Read the stickies, Upgrade Forum Rules.

Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-18-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint
Threadstarter

Sivion is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I did a simple search on the thread and found and possible answer in the:

FAQ in post # 585, Here is the direct link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=585

I would have put a Faq in like post #2.

But also a few things to remember:
1. Always post in your rom thread, never start a new thread. Your chef(s) usually subcribe to them thus monitor them over time.
2. Read the stickies, Upgrade Forum Rules.

Thank you for your time and cooperation!
I appreciate your time and response. However, so I don't appear to not care about the structure of the forums, I would like to comment on something.

I participate in forums at many different sites. The rules are typically the same with regards to posting. I have noticed a trend with many forums which is the reason for creating a new thread. When a thread reaches 100 or more posts (in this case I think easily there could be 1000+ posts in a single thread), the thread starter (even if subscribed) will no longer monitor the thread as it becomes too cumbersome to keep up. Also, in this case, I noticed that Mighty has a new thread to take care of with regards to his new Mighty ROM 6 release. I would imagine his hands are full. (he seems to be a popular guy here)

So in a nutshell, please don't be too hard on me (this is not aimed directly at you btw) for starting a new thread. I wasn't attempting to be a total newb, just trying to figure out how I would best get a proper response. Im just frustrated.

Ill go repost in the proper thread now.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:18 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivion View Post
I appreciate your time and response. However, so I don't appear to not care about the structure of the forums, I would like to comment on something.

I participate in forums at many different sites. The rules are typically the same with regards to posting. I have noticed a trend with many forums which is the reason for creating a new thread. When a thread reaches 100 or more posts (in this case I think easily there could be 1000+ posts in a single thread), the thread starter (even if subscribed) will no longer monitor the thread as it becomes too cumbersome to keep up. Also, in this case, I noticed that Mighty has a new thread to take care of with regards to his new Mighty ROM 6 release. I would imagine his hands are full. (he seems to be a popular guy here)

So in a nutshell, please don't be too hard on me (this is not aimed directly at you btw) for starting a new thread. I wasn't attempting to be a total newb, just trying to figure out how I would best get a proper response. Im just frustrated.

Ill go repost in the proper thread now.
This wasn't really with you in mind either. It was sorta too late, but the others that don't know this yet. I was hoping to catch their eye so they may see it.

I know how it is, you have an issue and you want an answer now. Blame it on adrenaline if you want, I was very careful to not sound like I was busting your balls.

The more popular roms in here need some serious thread management. This should be part of the skills a chef develops overtime with their other skills.

Like,
1. No more than 1 version of a rom to a thread. Let the old rom versions sink to the basement with their answers intact.
2. Faq/quirks in post #2
3. Pretty stuff in post #1
4. Start a new version of a rom, NEW THREAD. Period.

Those going for thread views are just causing users like yourself to get lost in a mess and creating work for the underpaid cozerators.

Now another 3-4 users have viewed this and more are informed. My post did what I intended it to do...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-18-2009 at 06:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

rquinn19 is keeping up the good workrquinn19 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
1. No more than 1 version of a rom to a thread. Let the old rom versions sink to the basement with their answers intact.
2. Faq/quirks in post #2
3. Pretty stuff in post #1
4. Start a new version of a rom, NEW THREAD. Period.

Those going for thread views are just causing users like yourself to get lost in a mess and creating work for the underpaid cozerators.

Now another 3-4 users have viewed this and more are informed. My post did what I intended it to do...
I agree 100%. Don't want to offend anyone, but I'm sure I will but oh well...I think some chefs like the high post count in their thread and see it as their "stripes" or a way of saying I'm the best or what not.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:00 AM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rquinn19 View Post
I agree 100%. Don't want to offend anyone, but I'm sure I will but oh well...I think some chefs like the high post count in their thread and see it as their "stripes" or a way of saying I'm the best or what not.
If I did every rom I've ever put out in a single thread I'd have...I don't really care. But I also realize stuff get's old/outdated and needs to sink sometimes. They also get dug up and I like to keep the stuff relevent to that rom intact for those users. Besides, a new rom should have all the old issues resolved as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro