PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Help... Can't change new clock (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75235)

jsheikh 07-18-2009 04:39 PM

Help... Can't change new clock

I apologize if this problem has already been addressed but ive been searching and can't find any info fast enough.

I was messing around with my HTC Touch pro from sprint cuz i had some free time and was looking at clocks. I installed a couple and didnt like them so kept switching. Now I'm stuck with a Green analog clock on my today screen. Nothing else is on the today screen. I think its a "U-Boat green clock" cab i wanted to try and didnt like it.

Anyway, 1. I cant change to any other clock i have saved so my today screen is blank and has this clock im not too fond of. And 2. How would i go about going back to the default today screen???

I deleted the files, attempted to uninstall it and did soft reset plenty of times.

I am fairly new to this stuff so again apologize if it seems "nooby" or it was answered previously. I just dont have time to sift through hundreds of pages (MCAT on july 30th... :-/ )Thanks in advance!

apristel 07-18-2009 05:17 PM

Re: Help... Can't change new clock

1 Attachment(s)
Here try to install this one... it may bring you back!

Make sure you soft reset if it doesn't make you.

Welcome to ppcgeeks!

jsheikh 07-18-2009 05:41 PM

It worked perfectly man thanks soo much! Now how do i prevent that from happening again? (obviously im not running that program again haha) Cuz i do wanna play around with the different clocks and/or themes...

Another quick q is that, do i have to update my ROM for me to have different themes? If not do I simply just run the theme programs?

Thanks man! Yea this site is def the go-to place for me, so helpful. Again thanks.

apristel 07-18-2009 05:45 PM

Well it was probably just a bad clock you installed or you didn't uninstall one before installing the next. The file i posted will usually bring things back to normal.
As far as themes, you can find them and most of the time the creator will provide installation instructions. You can do icons, sliders, taskbar icons ( the icons on top ie. signal battery, etc ).. pretty much anything you want. Don't worry about messing things up, you can always hard reset and go back to the way the phone was in the very begining. You might want to backup your contacts, for that I use PIM backup, just be sure to save the backup to the SD card. When you do a hard reset, it will wipe out everthing on the phone, but not the storage card.

Some of the ROMS have themes built-in. I highly suggest trying a MIGHTY ROM, as they seem to be the most stable. Or The Silence / Mighty ROM collaboration, that one is probably my favorite.

jsheikh 07-18-2009 06:02 PM

Ic ic. Thanks for the advice man!

Im actually running into another problem lol...When on the today screen, i press phone to bring up the key pad, its like a mini key pad on the top left corner which doesnt even show all the numbers, just the "0," star and pound signs...I reinstalled it, soft reset it and yet still persists.... ??!@# lol

Ya i know i can hard reset, but i wanna avoid it as much as possible. But IF i do have to do a hard reset, what exactlys gets cleaned out?? Hopefully not the phone carrier information right?

apristel 07-18-2009 06:07 PM

No the carrier stuff stays, hard resets bring it back to factory condition, unless you have a custom rom on your phone, where a hard reset will bring you back to the way the phone was when you flashed the new rom.

I'm not sure about what you've got going on now. Sounds like some things have been messed up. You could try to install a new dialer, but I'd hard reset. Since you probably have installed then uninstalled a bunch of theme related things, some touchflo manila files are probably messed up.

This is what I do.
hard reset, tweak things till I figure out what works for me. then I hard reset again, only installing the things I like. I feel that if I install a bunch of stuff, uninstall it, the phone is "dirty".. I like it clean. :) Hope that makes sense.

jsheikh 07-18-2009 06:11 PM

Good thinkn...will do that right now

jsheikh 07-18-2009 06:50 PM

It makes perfect sense man. I'm always defrag'ing my comp and constantly keeping it "clean" cuz i hate having useless data taking up space.

Thanks again man, it works fine now...

I have the flip style clock in neon green and everything else is workn fine. I for real should prob stop playing around with this cuz im not getting annny studying done haha. After my MCATs ill def try and put a theme on it or something. It's crazy how much you can customize this thing lol.

Anyway thanks for ur advice man, ill prob be hittin up this forum soon again for when i start settin up my ROM and/or theme.

apristel 07-18-2009 06:56 PM

Awesome, glad it is working good. Yeah, I get things how I want and then I change it...constantly. It is very addicting. These guys on this site are super cool and know their stuff. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Do me a favor and hit the thanks button on my posts! :)

jsheikh 07-18-2009 07:14 PM

Cool cool, ya its crazy addicting. Yea im lookn forward to learning a lot.

Yea man ill hit those buttons and for let you know if i need any advice or help. Thanks!