PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
I did that but it is definitely not working for me either nor did the weather.

Stocks tab worked, but I dot want to re-add these every flash, anyone find a working solution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
weather is working fine for me. but i can't get this auto UC sashimi thing to work properly
Okay!!! In an attempt to make the setup process easier I came up with the below. I have tested and this works just as well.

1. Save the attached SASHIMI Link.cab to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577.
2. Save the attached SDConfig.txt to the root of \Storage Card.

That's it!!!

SASHIMI Link.cab will create the required SASHIMI.lnk to the \Temp folder.
SDConfig.txt is configured to install the SASHIMI Link.cab and then execute the newly created shortcut.

Note to twe90kid: I may have misunderstood but in a previous post of your it sounded like you mentioned renaming the AutoRun.mscr file located in \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577. If this is the case, make sure you name it back to AutoRun.mscr. The SASHIMI.lnk that is created in \Temp points to this .mscr file. If the name is not correct then AutoRun.mscr will not execute.

Please report back and let us know if this works out!!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab SASHIMI Link.cab (547 Bytes, 52 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt SDConfig.txt (94 Bytes, 60 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by D\/8; 08-19-2009 at 04:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
do i need to creat a Temp folder in root?

No you don't the device will create it on its own.

Its really no that hard, just create the shortcut of autorun.mscr and call it sashimi.lnk in the same directory the file its self resides and copy the sdconfig.txt to your storage card. That's it. Done, hard reset see if it works. Just setting up Sashimi its self is way more complicated.

Last edited by zone23; 08-19-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

In order to have programs install to a specific folder you need to do the following:

1. install sashimi and familiarize yourself with the program and file structure by reading this thread and using Google.

2. on your pc create a file called customlinks.ini do this by right clicking and creating a new text document but instead of making it customlinks.txt name it customlinks.ini

3. inside this file create the following:

[LNK Files]
Asphalt4HD 480x640=Programs\Games

notice the ashalt4hd 480x640 this program is called Asphalt4HD 480x640.cab the "programs\games" is were the shortcuts will be installed to

So if I wanted to install it to the "Utilities" folder it would look like this:

Asphalt4HD 480x640=programs\utilities

5. copy customlinks.ini to sashimi\program\INI\

Now when I run sashimi it will install the app and move the shortcuts to what ever folder I want. Now you must have the program in the "Auto" folder of sashimi. You can also make sashimi delete shortcuts or folders but that's another story.

Good Luck and may the force be with you.

Last edited by zone23; 08-19-2009 at 01:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
In order to have programs install to a specific folder you need to do the following:

1. install sashimi and familiarize yourself with the program and file structure by reading this thread and using Google.

2. on your pc create a file called customlinks.ini do this by right clicking and creating a new text document but instead of making it customlinks.txt name it customlinks.ini

3. inside this file create the following:

[LNK Files]
Asphalt4HD 480x640=Programs\Games

notice the ashalt4hd 480x640 this program is called Asphalt4HD 480x640.cab the "programs\games" is were the shortcuts will be installed to

So if I wanted to install it to the "Utilities" folder it would look like this:

Asphalt4HD 480x640=programs\utilities

5. copy customlinks.ini to sashimi\program\INI\

Now when I run sashimi it will install the app and move the shortcuts to what ever folder I want. Now you must have the program in the "Auto" folder of sashimi. You can also make sashimi delete shortcuts or folders but that's another story.

Good Luck and may the force be with you.
Nice wright-up... Thanks...

There's also a video available that is not listed on the first page which covers this...

SASHIMI 03 - Customizing Shortcuts
Old 08-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Murducky: Here's a couple of additions for the Application Section in Post #1... Whenever you have a moment to update...

S2U2:
The below registry key will allow you to restore your complete settings.

HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\S2U2

Once your settings have been set and saved, export the above RegKey to the appropriate Reg fold in SASHIMI.

BeeJive:
The below file will allow you to backup the setting for all accounts that have been created.

\Program files\JiveTalk\JiveTalk.sdf

Once all accounts have been created, save the above file to the appropriate Root folder in SASHIMI. Be sure to create the same folder structure within the Root folder (Program Files\JiveTalk) and save the backup file within the JiveTalk folder. This will ensure the file is restored to the appropriate directory.

If I see that it hasn't been documented here I'll post more as I come across them... It'll be nice to have some of the more popular apps listed in the first post...
Old 08-20-2009, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ADR6300
Carrier: Big Red

vernox701 is keeping up the good workvernox701 is keeping up the good work

• Navigate to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577. Here you will see a file called AutoRun.mscr.
  • Create a shortcut to this file within the same directory and name it SASHIMI.lnk.
  • Create an SDConfig.txt file with the below commands and save it to the root of the Storage Card. (Included SDConfig.txt attached)
First off thanks. I've tried using this in my sd config several times, It makes the temp directory but for some reason it will not copy the Shashimi.lnk shortcut to the the temp directory. Do you think its a matter of the file being nested too far in the sd card or could the temp file be locked before the customizing starts just curious because i've been able to copy files that are not in the Sashimi folder
Old 08-20-2009, 08:49 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernox701 View Post
  • Navigate to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577. Here you will see a file called AutoRun.mscr.
  • Create a shortcut to this file within the same directory and name it SASHIMI.lnk.
  • Create an SDConfig.txt file with the below commands and save it to the root of the Storage Card. (Included SDConfig.txt attached)
First off thanks. I've tried using this in my sd config several times, It makes the temp directory but for some reason it will not copy the Shashimi.lnk shortcut to the the temp directory. Do you think its a matter of the file being nested too far in the sd card or could the temp file be locked before the customizing starts just curious because i've been able to copy files that are not in the Sashimi folder
Are you running v8.0 because it wouldn't work for me either until I upgraded.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yes I am but it's still not working. I even used the cab and sdconfig text on post #91
The lastest error :"\Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577\SASHIMI Link.cab" abort file not found

\ It must be my rom, checked the temp folder after the reset and the temp folder was still empty

Last edited by vernox701; 08-20-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernox701 View Post
Yes I am but it's still not working. I even used the cab and sdconfig text on post #91
The lastest error :"\Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577\SASHIMI Link.cab" abort file not found

\ It must be my rom, checked the temp folder after the reset and the temp folder was still empty
With your latest error, it sounds like it cannot find the SASHIMI Link.cab. Did you save it to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577?

The .cab needs to be located in the 2577 folder. If it's not there then SDConfig will not find it to execute.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Ways View Post
With your latest error, it sounds like it cannot find the SASHIMI Link.cab. Did you save it to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577?

The .cab needs to be located in the 2577 folder. If it's not there then SDConfig will not find it to execute.

Here is a screen shot of the error thatr I'm getting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen07.jpg (76.5 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro