PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

how about myphone settings. I would like it to save my email and password along with my configuration
Old 07-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Lurker

sstrunks is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
how about myphone settings. I would like it to save my email and password along with my configuration
Quote:
Originally Posted by murducky
**Email Accounts & WIFI Settings**
You will create an XML file and save it to Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\XML using Sashimi/Makisu Built program. Watch the How To Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANgzC...B817D8&index=0
please read the info quoted.

-luckyse7en

Device: HTC Fuze
Rom: NRGZ28 Energy Mercury
Radio: 1.14.25.05
UC SASHIMI Guide for Touch Pro
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

End3r is keeping up the good workEnd3r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstrunks View Post
please read the info quoted.

-luckyse7en
I believe bikeandestroyx is referring to the login information for Microsoft My Phone (not setting up email accounts etc.)
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by End3r View Post
I believe bikeandestroyx is referring to the login information for Microsoft My Phone (not setting up email accounts etc.)
Oh I see now, sorry I don't use MS My Phone...so I don't know how you would back that information up. Hopefully someone else that uses it can chime in...

-luckyse7en
Old 07-20-2009, 07:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tuscolavol is just getting started

Well... n00b here.
I usually wait around and check back on threads and eventually my questions get answered. That way, I don't show my n00biness to the world. Can't wait this time. There was a update to Mighty Mike 6 (7/16) that really fixed a lot of things. I spent the next 8 hours tweaking and cabbing. Then I go back to the MM6 rhread and there's MM6 (7/18) update!!!! I want to reflash but I don't want to manually re-enter. So... the question:
When backing up registries (I use PHM), do you hi-lite the registry name and that backs-up the contents or do you hi-lite the contents?

Sorry,,, but Thanks!!

By the way, I'm having a blast with my WM phone (HTC Touch Pro). All this customizing, flashing, tweaking is habit forming. My wife has threatened to flush my phone!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

lbcoach3347 is just getting started

I did the customizing to shortcuts to the cabs and when it rest all the folders and shortcuts were gone except the today button. anythoughts
Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

omahajs is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the detailed info, the youtube video really helped a frist time user of sashimi.

I just tried this for the first time last night and I had very mixed results. I used the auto folder for my cabs, reg backup entries and root folder entries. After a hard reset of the latest nrg rom I ran in auto mode and everything seemed to install (aebuttonplus, bing and voicecommand) all required me to OK a few messages, but everything else installed easily.

The first time sashimi finished, when asked to reset I clicked on yes, phone reset but did a hard reset......

So, I repeated the above steps and selected no and got a normal reset. My apps were all there from the cabs I selected, but my start menu did not copy over correctly and some of my reg keys did not export correctly (resco explorer, etc.).

It's probably something I am doing wrong, but this did make things much easier. My exchange settings all copied over perfectly as did my titanium plugins. Just not having to reinstall dozens of cabs after a reset makes this a great tool.

Thanks again for the post!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

lbcoach3347 is just getting started

when you backup the pim file for your contacts does it also back up the assigned ringtone file for each contact
Old 07-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcoach3347 View Post
when you backup the pim file for your contacts does it also back up the assigned ringtone file for each contact
I believe pim.vol should have the ringtone settings for each contact, don't quote me on it though. I did notice that all of my contacts profile pictures were still intact when I backed up pim.vol file, so I don't see why it isn't the same way with ringtones.

-luckyse7en
Old 07-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscolavol View Post
Well... n00b here.
I usually wait around and check back on threads and eventually my questions get answered. That way, I don't show my n00biness to the world. Can't wait this time. There was a update to Mighty Mike 6 (7/16) that really fixed a lot of things. I spent the next 8 hours tweaking and cabbing. Then I go back to the MM6 rhread and there's MM6 (7/18) update!!!! I want to reflash but I don't want to manually re-enter. So... the question:
When backing up registries (I use PHM), do you hi-lite the registry name and that backs-up the contents or do you hi-lite the contents?

Sorry,,, but Thanks!!

By the way, I'm having a blast with my WM phone (HTC Touch Pro). All this customizing, flashing, tweaking is habit forming. My wife has threatened to flush my phone!
I use total commander and/or regedit, using total commander you just hold on the reg key and say copy to the folder you want to back it up. If you use regedit you say export to a folder. hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcoach3347 View Post
I did the customizing to shortcuts to the cabs and when it rest all the folders and shortcuts were gone except the today button. anythoughts
I'm confused as to what you did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahajs View Post
Thanks for the detailed info, the youtube video really helped a frist time user of sashimi.

I just tried this for the first time last night and I had very mixed results. I used the auto folder for my cabs, reg backup entries and root folder entries. After a hard reset of the latest nrg rom I ran in auto mode and everything seemed to install (aebuttonplus, bing and voicecommand) all required me to OK a few messages, but everything else installed easily.

The first time sashimi finished, when asked to reset I clicked on yes, phone reset but did a hard reset......

So, I repeated the above steps and selected no and got a normal reset. My apps were all there from the cabs I selected, but my start menu did not copy over correctly and some of my reg keys did not export correctly (resco explorer, etc.).

It's probably something I am doing wrong, but this did make things much easier. My exchange settings all copied over perfectly as did my titanium plugins. Just not having to reinstall dozens of cabs after a reset makes this a great tool.

Thanks again for the post!
I never have had Sashimi do a hard reset after finishing auto mod. it should only do a soft reset. I did notice with voice command cab you should install that manually and not place it in the auto cab folder. Pull it out and see if it helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro