PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

nhvoltagenh 11-07-2009 03:16 PM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Microsoft My Phone
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\My Phone\Publish\Services]

lovingHDTV 11-10-2009 12:20 AM

Anyone know the registry setting to enable the animations on the home screen?

nhvoltagenh 11-10-2009 03:35 AM

Hello all.
Well I created a program that was originally intended to backup my Wisbar Advanced Desktop theme to my Sashimi folder.
Since I do alot of tweaking on it, I always wanted to have the most recent changes, incase I had to do a hard reset.
Then I started thinking.
What about a "Restore" option.
this would allow an undo option.
Example) you deleted a page by mistake, or you totally messed something up.
just restore your theme and your back to where you were.
***Notes
1) This is ApptoDate compatible
2) Your storage Card must be called "Storage Card"
3) This is Sashimi Compatible
Even if you dont use sashimi it will work
4) You must have mortscript installed
You can find that here
http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=view&entry=65
5) This DOES NOT overwrite your themes, this will first delete the theme completely, then copy your theme over.
This is done so that your not adding, and adding, features to a theme that do not belong.
Example, You deleted your page games.
but your last back up had the page games.
If We did not delete the entire theme, the page games would still be there plus your newest theme.
6) This does not copy over images, as people store their images in various locations.
7) This program runs in the background, and will alert you when the back up is complete.
8) The more themes in your THEME directory, the longer it will take.

ANY suggestions are welcome
Screen Shots
http://www.the-web-station.com/image...GE/fghdhdf.jpg
http://www.the-web-station.com/image...idygfhh001.jpg

Download here
http://www.skinzone.org/apptodate/Sk...g%20Backup.cab
SkinZone.org Backup-Restore
Direct link to cab file.
didnt upload here as this way the newest version is available at all times.

nhvoltagenh 11-10-2009 09:39 AM

Update

Added option to Backup Opera 9.7 passwords

lovingHDTV 11-10-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingHDTV (Post 1314564)
Anyone know the registry setting to enable the animations on the home screen?

Looks like this will do it just in case anyone else is curious:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"CachedBackgroundPath"=""
"HomeBackgroundPath"=""

shaolinsoldier79 11-12-2009 08:48 PM

Has anyone found the registration key info for Resco contact manager? Its the only app I have that I have to manually input reg key..

tkedch 11-13-2009 08:02 PM

Does anyone what files and reg edits to back up for max tf3d 2.5 mods?
Thanks!

twe90kid 11-15-2009 01:06 AM

i posted this thread in tp2 thread...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...08#post1330108
hope you guys don't mind. also does anyone know how to backup manilla2.5 settings?

murducky 11-15-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1330176)
i posted this thread in tp2 thread...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...08#post1330108
hope you guys don't mind. also does anyone know how to backup manilla2.5 settings?

I actually had and still do plan on making a new thread for tp2 as soon as i get mine for uscc.

I will get to it soon.

I do mind, btw. as there is not just me who had posted in this thread.. there is lots of good stuff here.. and you did not add anything to your post all you did was re-post post 1 in a new thread.. dont really get it.

badsez 11-16-2009 01:45 AM

murdecky,

can u help me with backingup 2 things.

1. myphone login info and settings
2. google maps login info (helps with pulling up layers)

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by murducky (Post 1330198)
I actually had and still do plan on making a new thread for tp2 as soon as i get mine for uscc.

I will get to it soon.

I do mind, btw. as there is not just me who had posted in this thread.. there is lots of good stuff here.. and you did not add anything to your post all you did was re-post post 1 in a new thread.. dont really get it.

nhvoltagenh 11-16-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badsez (Post 1332893)
murdecky,

can u help me with backingup 2 things.

1. myphone login info and settings
2. google maps login info (helps with pulling up layers)

Thanks

look at the post top of this page ;)

badsez 11-16-2009 12:25 PM

That doesn't back up login info gor myphone or google maps?
its just backups some of the settings of myphone. correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhvoltagenh (Post 1333105)
look at the post top of this page ;)

twe90kid 11-17-2009 01:23 PM

hey, wondering if anyone know hows to backup HTC Wifi Router setup. I would like to restore my Device Wifi Name and my custom password... thank

Rager02 11-18-2009 08:30 PM

hello great info anyone know how to backup my opera 9.5 bookmarks?

rootlinux 11-19-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02 (Post 1341862)
hello great info anyone know how to backup my opera 9.5 bookmarks?

Search the device for bookmarks.
Opera 10 is I think bookmarks.css

Looking for 9.5 bookmarks now.

digi 11-19-2009 02:14 AM

Opera 9.5 bookmarks are in \Windows\Opera9\Opera6.adr

BenS 11-19-2009 01:23 PM

what about opera 9.7 bookmarks? I've backed up my 9.5 using the windows/opera9/opera6.adr. The only other area that I've found an opera6.adr was in the windows root folder. I'm not sure if this for 9.7 or not but if anyone has an idea as to where the opera 9.7 bookmarks are I would appreciate it.

digi 11-19-2009 01:45 PM

My 9.7 has it in \Windows\Opera9\Profiles\Opera6.adr

The one you find in the root is just the one that is orginally cooked into the ROM, its copied from there to whereever the OEM tells it to go.

Rager02 11-20-2009 09:49 AM

thnx got it.my pim and bookmarks arent restoring automatically are they suppose to?its not big of a problem since i just copy and drop.is it suppose to though?

nhvoltagenh 11-20-2009 12:04 PM

make sure your pim.vol is under root of sashimi folder

when sashimi does its thing it will move pim.vol to your phones root

tkedch 11-20-2009 05:07 PM

does anyone know where the reg is for how long before the screen dims and powers off under battery? I've look but not sure whether they are the settings for those. Thanks!

Rager02 11-20-2009 07:05 PM

yup its under root but no.luck..newb question how do i back up reg edits?any specific program?

Scoob 11-20-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02 (Post 1348318)
yup its under root but no.luck..newb question how do i back up reg edits?any specific program?

A lot use total commander here:

http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm

I like to use Resco explorer but it's not free.

twe90kid 11-21-2009 12:06 AM

myphone is hard as hell to backup now since they updated their software. v1.05 can't backup your login like previously. before all you have to do is copy the Microsoft/Myphone folder to sashimi root

Rager02 11-21-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkedch (Post 1347975)
does anyone know where the reg is for how long before the screen dims and powers off under battery? I've look but not sure whether they are the settings for those. Thanks!

I think it is under HKCU/control panel/backlight

Scoob 11-21-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02 (Post 1349487)
I think it is under HKCU/control panel/backlight

I also just found this is a posting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\C ontrol\Power\Timeouts

haven't tried it yet.

I'm also still looking for the regs or file for the bluetooth settings backup...

fdroms 11-21-2009 05:44 PM

I have searched & have been unable to find the regisrty setting for SPB Traveler. This is the last of my cabs that I don't have setup to auto configure.

hedfor 11-25-2009 12:16 AM

Sprint TP2, EnergyRom 21864 w HTC Sense 2.5

Sorry for such a noob question, but I can also show that others are having a similar problem...I can't beleive I am asking this, but here goes...

How do you do an AUTO install, using ASL?..specifically, what do you change the ASL location to in advanced settings? I know the doc says "My Storage", but when I use that, everything fails to install, each cab passes with "unsuccessful", and nothing gets installed.

I have tried, My Storage, Device, Device Stoarge, and even this trick (changing to Storage card)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-g...edition-v-8-0/

This allows sashimi to install the cabs, but it does install to the storage card, which some of the cabs do not like.

What am I missing?

murducky 11-25-2009 11:47 AM

thanks for the additions, I will get them on post 1 soon.

cmajewsk 11-25-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob (Post 1349508)
I also just found this is a posting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\C ontrol\Power\Timeouts

haven't tried it yet.

I'm also still looking for the regs or file for the bluetooth settings backup...

This works for me, except while the values are all correct nothing is check marked. So while the timeouts on battery and external power are right, I still have to go in and check the boxes to enable the timeouts.

studentjunk 11-25-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedfor (Post 1359974)

Sorry for such a noob question, but I can also show that others are having a similar problem...I can't beleive I am asking this, but here goes...

How do you do an AUTO install, using ASL?..specifically, what do you change the ASL location to in advanced settings? I know the doc says "My Storage", but when I use that, everything fails to install, each cab passes with "unsuccessful", and nothing gets installed.

I have tried, My Storage, Device, Device Stoarge, and even this trick (changing to Storage card)

This allows sashimi to install the cabs, but it does install to the storage card, which some of the cabs do not like.

What am I missing?

I looked in the sashimi manual, and see that asl and sc installs are not perfect. Maybe the screen resolution or language aren't supported. If so, you should be getting an error message on startup:

AUTO INSTALL TO ALTERNATE STORAGE LOCATION (ASL)

In addition to the \SC directory, SASHIMI also provides one additional Alternate Storage Location (ASL). To have CAB files install to an ASL in Auto mode, do the following:
  • Place the CABs in \SASHIMI\Auto\CAB\ASL (or a directory called \ASL under an alternate CAB location).
  • Configure the Alternate Storage Location in Settings > Advanced Settings with the name of the alternate storage (e.g. "My Storage").
Any cabs in the ASL directory (and subdirectories) will get auto-installed to the defined Alternate Location.

PROBLEMS WITH SC and ASL INSTALLS

The Auto Install to SC and ASL process depend upon SASHIMI being able to properly interpret the onscreen text in order to send automated screen taps.
Storage Card and ASL installs will be disabled if either of the following is true:
  1. An unsupported language is detected. For more information see SUPPORTED LANGUAGES.
  2. An unsupported resolution is detected.
SASHIMI will issue a warning at run-time if either of these scenarios are detected. An event will also be logged to the system log when Auto Install to Storage Card is disabled.

NOTE 1: It is recommended not to touch the screen or use other applications while SASHIMI is installing and this is especially important during this phase.
NOTE 2: Not all applications will work with automated installs (either to main memory or storage card). If a CAB file requires additional user interaction, it is generally better suited to install during the Manual Phase. In addition, some 3rd party applications which take control of the device's display may interfere with the Auto Install to Storage Card processes (e.g. screen shot or other capture software).

nhvoltagenh 11-25-2009 03:22 PM

Camera Settings

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Camera]

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Camera]

hedfor 11-25-2009 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by hedfor http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/image...s/viewpost.gif

What am I missing?

Thanks for the suggestions, but I am following the doc...big fan of

RTFM!!

Anyway, I see WAY TOO MANY posts on Touch Pro 2's working with Sashimi...even a few that spec a Sprint TP2, so I thought I would ask if I am doing soimething wrong (obviuosly)

So, let me ask it this way...

Once I install Sashimi to the storage card, (or internally) on this Enerrgy Rom Leo 21864 M2.5, and use the ASL folder to store cabs, should my ASL location in Adv settings be "My Storage" or something else? I have tried \Program files, program files, my device, device, etc...nothing is working and I am not completely sure why.

Any Sprint TP2's out there having issues with Sashimi?

Next step is to flash Sprint Rom and try again but I know I will be missing mort/net 3.5, etc, so not really sure how to troubleshoot.

Either the "My Storage" setting is incorrect, or soemthing is unique about my device....I'll take any suggestions...

UPDATE!!!

Flashed original sprint rom, and sashimi does install correctly when using "My Storage", or at least starts to...it needs help continuing..stops at weird times, and sometimes appears to leave the screen for a good 20+ seconds, then comes back...obviously there is something in EnergyRom Leo 21864 that is causing this behavior.

If anyone has anything to add, I 'm all game. I know NRG is probaby going to be too busy and already has UC ebabled in the ROM, so I might go that way.

But....if anyone has anything to add....

THANKS

Thanks

WhiteBlazer01 11-27-2009 06:43 AM

What an awesome program and concept! Saves me so much time!! Before, I would make a list of cabs, reg edits, and tweaks to do after a hard reset/flash, but now it"s so easy!!

Anyone know the google maps reg for latitude & favorites? Also, the rss reader settings and sites?

Also, the program tab for the home screen of manilla 2.5?

Thanks!

WhiteBlazer01 11-27-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1366018)
What an awesome program and concept! Saves me so much time!! Before, I would make a list of cabs, reg edits, and tweaks to do after a hard reset/flash, but now it"s so easy!!

Anyone know the google maps reg for latitude & favorites? Also, the rss reader settings and sites?

Thanks!

Also, how do I back up my bluetooth profiles?

fdroms 11-27-2009 11:57 PM

Still looking for 2 more backups for registration data:

1. Pocket Quicken
2. SPB Traveler

Anyone know where the registrations are stored so that I can restore them with sashimi

shaolinsoldier79 11-28-2009 11:19 AM

I've used SKTools to change some colors, is there a way to back up thoes changes, using SASHIMI?

srk468 11-28-2009 12:09 PM

I have a question, I am just learning to use Sashimi and I'm trying to figure out how to add my home wireless network to the xml, I have WEP encription but that isn't listed as an option, it only has open, shared, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, and WPA2-PSK and I'm confused which one to pick? I read the whole thread and I couldn't find anything, looks like a great program but I'm just havin some issues figuring some things out.:banghead:

shaggylive 11-28-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srk468 (Post 1368797)
I have a question, I am just learning to use Sashimi and I'm trying to figure out how to add my home wireless network to the xml, I have WEP encription but that isn't listed as an option, it only has open, shared, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, and WPA2-PSK and I'm confused which one to pick? I read the whole thread and I couldn't find anything, looks like a great program but I'm just havin some issues figuring some things out.:banghead:

WEP = Shared

christian.a 11-29-2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1366018)

Thanks!

If you are referring to the quick links underneath the clock on the home screen, you need to back up "HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\Home"
:)