PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

twe90kid 08-16-2009 09:40 PM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

couldn't get the above to work properly.

D\/8 08-16-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1105512)
couldn't get the above to work properly.

Not sure... I have flashed 3 times today with no issue...

What are you experiencing...?

twe90kid 08-16-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1105544)
Not sure... I have flashed 3 times today with no issue...

What are you experiencing...?

it throws and error with the following

"The file 'set' cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted cert..."

twe90kid 08-16-2009 10:46 PM

is it suppose to be the autorun.mscr file or the autorun shortcut?

D\/8 08-16-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1105605)
is it suppose to be the autorun.mscr file or the autorun shortcut?

You need to create a shortcut for AutoRun.mscr and name it SASHIMI.lnk. Save it in the same directory as the AutoRun.mscr. The script will copy the SASHIMI.lnk to \Temp and then execute it.

twe90kid 08-16-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1105638)
You need to create a shortcut for AutoRun.mscr and name it SASHIMI.lnk. Save it in the same directory as the AutoRun.mscr. The script will copy the SASHIMI.lnk to \Temp and then execute it.

doesn't work, tried it 3 times

murducky 08-17-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1105130)
Okay… I’ve been looking for away to have SASHIMI auto initiate after a hard reset so that there would require no interaction from the user once the Onscreen Calibration process was complete.

I searched both here and over at WinMo Experts and could not find any answers so after about 50 hard resets and twice as may dirty looks from you know who I finally got it to work for me using User Customization (UC). Please keep in mind your ROM must support UC.

Here’s how:
  • Navigate to \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Program\2577. Here you will see a file called AutoRun.mscr.
  • Create a shortcut to this file within the same directory and name it SASHIMI.lnk.
  • Create an SDConfig.txt file with the below commands and save it to the root of the Storage Card. (Included SDConfig.txt attached)
That’s it!!!

Now, every time you hard rest your device will flash the new ROM. Once complete, UC initiates and checks the SDConfig file for instructions. Based on our SDConfig file, UC will copy the SASHIMI.lnk we created over to \Temp where it can then be executed by UC. This will launch SASHIMI that the user can either interact with or if no interaction within 20 seconds SASHIMI will initiate the “Auto” installer, installing all configurations setup within the \SASHIMI\Auto directory. Once all is complete, SASHIMI will then prompt the user to reset the device yes or no. If no interaction within 10 seconds, SASHIMI will automatically reset the device.

Basically, once you initiate a hard reset and complete the onscreen calibration you never have to touch the device again throughout the install and configuration process.

Enjoy!!!

Edit: One thing prevents this from being an comletely unattended install... The fact that if the device goes to sleep during SASHIMI Auto install it seems to pause the installation process until you wake the device. This means you have to make sure to keep the device awake during the install process. I'm looking into away to keep the device awake during this process. I'll update if I find a solution.

Edit 2: Only workaround I can find is to plug into external power during the install process. I believe by default Windows will not sleep for 30 minutes which is plenty of time. This will allow a complete userless flash and restore once the onscreen calibration is completed.

ty ! i was looking for this just had not got around to it !! I will work on this tomorrow and add it to post 1 !! GREAT JOB !

D\/8 08-17-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1105657)
doesn't work, tried it 3 times

Hmmm...

So you created the shortcut and named it SASHIMI and it's located in the 2577 folder. And you have the SDConfig file saved to the root of the storage and still no go???

After you get the error... Check the \Temp folder and see if you have the copied SASHIMI.lnk. If it's there see if it will launch SASHIMI.

Report back please...

I wish we had some other testers........

codydavis22 08-17-2009 02:07 AM

Anybody know where the reg for signature in sms is?

murducky 08-17-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1105848)
Anybody know where the reg for signature in sms is?

I have done a few reg searches and so far have not had any luck locating the key.

if i do find it i'll post