PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

tkedch 10-21-2009 06:40 PM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

Quote:

Originally Posted by studentjunk (Post 1252141)
How did you export that reg setting? Did you do it manually or using the regexport.ini? It will be helpful if you posted the file. It's probably a syntax error.

I just did it manually from the reg edit. I am getting a feeling that it's not the way to do .... could you point me in the right direction? I have another reg edit that will port my alarm settings and it works with that method. Maybe I need to set up regexport.ini??

studentjunk 10-21-2009 10:15 PM

We had a discussion about it a few pages back. I posted my file there. They examined the other guy's *.reg file and found some sort of syntax problem.

tkedch 10-21-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studentjunk (Post 1252941)
We had a discussion about it a few pages back. I posted my file there. They examined the other guy's *.reg file and found some sort of syntax problem.

Thanx I saw that file. I made some changed and saved to the proper directory, but when I tried to do a back up , it said no file found. Is a text file ok or it should be in some other format?

I guess what I was saying is how do I save an ini file from a txt file? I know this is very nub of me, but I've tried different ways to approach this, but everytime I end up with a txt file.

redd214 10-22-2009 10:04 AM

has anyone managed to find your login info for microsoft myphone an marketplace? for the life of me i cannot find these, any help would be appreciated

cmgj 10-22-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1253894)
has anyone managed to find your login info for microsoft myphone an marketplace? for the life of me i cannot find these, any help would be appreciated

Ditto!

murducky 10-22-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asawadude (Post 1155372)
In post #1, Murducky says copy all cab files to "Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\Cabs\", but by default, SASHIMI creates "Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\Cab\" which is described in SASHIMI's documentation as the "Default directory for CAB and tandem/bundled files for auto install."
What is the correct subdirectory name? "Cabs" or "Cab"? Or does it make a difference?

It's CAB not CABS sorry for the typo. The folder are already created for you.

studentjunk 10-22-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkedch (Post 1253211)
Thanx I saw that file. I made some changed and saved to the proper directory, but when I tried to do a back up , it said no file found. Is a text file ok or it should be in some other format?

I guess what I was saying is how do I save an ini file from a txt file? I know this is very nub of me, but I've tried different ways to approach this, but everytime I end up with a txt file.

An *.ini file is a text file. Just rename the text file from *.txt to *.ini in windows or total commander on the phone.

tkedch 10-22-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studentjunk (Post 1255928)
An *.ini file is a text file. Just rename the text file from *.txt to *.ini in windows or total commander on the phone.

Thanks, I just did it.
Another dumb question, sashimi would automatically back up what i have in the file then the next time I run auto it will unload those setting back to where they should be right?

brokestudent12 10-23-2009 03:28 AM

Looking For Resco Explorer and Pandora info to backup please thanks.

rootlinux 10-23-2009 03:31 AM

Nice guide bro. :)