PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214)

studentjunk 10-12-2009 05:28 PM

Re: User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using sashimi

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by christian.a (Post 1232197)
Total NooB here

Take a look at the regexport.ini portion of the manual. Attached is what I use. You can tailor that file, and then back up he settings prior to the flash with a custom export, and then you can have it restore after the flash. The touch part is learning what all the registry settings are that you want to backup.

christian.a 10-12-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studentjunk (Post 1232471)
Take a look at the regexport.ini portion of the manual. Attached is what I use. You can tailor that file, and then back up he settings prior to the flash with a custom export, and then you can have it restore after the flash. The touch part is learning what all the registry settings are that you want to backup.

thanks! i'll give it a try.

christian.a 10-13-2009 01:10 AM

UH-OH! I did something wrong. I wanted to do a simple test following the video by installing a pocketfinance diary cab into sashimi>auto>cab and it database files in sashimi>auto>root>program files> pocket finance diary. Also added 1 of my email accounts using makisu feature. It ran, i saw it install cabs n stuff then it aske me to reset. I clicked yes and now i am stuck of the Touch Pro initial screen with radio info. Gonna have to hard reset and start over. any thoughts?

studentjunk 10-13-2009 11:10 AM

Was this installation after a hard reset, or was on top of regular stuff? I have only had issues like that when I upgrade ROMs and have settings from a prior ROM that is incompatible. For instance, installing the settings for a soft keyboard that was hardwired into the old ROM, when the new ROM doesn't have that keyboard. It doesn't sound like that should have happened with you. I'm not sure what's going on. Try takign the battery out for 10 seconds or so before hard reseting, although this is a long shot.

christian.a 10-13-2009 03:11 PM

I guess it was on top...i was watching the youtube video to get the hang of it and probably screwed up the xml section. Of course, to top that, my latest back up was 2 weeks old!! Before i do anything else, I need to figure this sashimi out.

One more question...I have an app called freecaddie that has a subfolder for golf course layouts. I've created sashimi>auto>root>program files>freecaddie>courses (copied all the courses on the device to this folder) which should reload the current courses i have. Will it also load any courses that i add to the subfolder on the device?
This questions applies to anything else I've created in the root folder.

@studentjunk: BTW, I PM'd you another question about a post on XDA

studentjunk 10-13-2009 03:22 PM

Yes, all the files in that directory will go into program files\freecaddie\courses when you run the sashimi auto.

dakidobf 10-13-2009 05:40 PM

Ok so I wanted all my favorite contacts from TF#D as well as all of my contact to transfer over. I thought all i had to do was copy the pim.vol file over to the root folder of Sashimi but nothing happened when i ran it. Did i do this incorrectly?

christian.a 10-13-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakidobf (Post 1235364)
Ok so I wanted all my favorite contacts from TF#D as well as all of my contact to transfer over. I thought all i had to do was copy the pim.vol file over to the root folder of Sashimi but nothing happened when i ran it. Did i do this incorrectly?

I am still new to Sashimi so someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought one way to do it is: Use SASHIMI->Tools->Additional Tools->Backup/Restore PIM. You would back up your PIM info prior to flashing and restore it using the same steps as above. By doing it this way you're saving the favorites information and their ringtones. Although i am not sure if you can automate this.

Here's a link to the post and then some...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=538513

dakidobf 10-13-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christian.a (Post 1235926)
I am still new to Sashimi so someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought one way to do it is: Use SASHIMI->Tools->Additional Tools->Backup/Restore PIM. You would back up your PIM info prior to flashing and restore it using the same steps as above. By doing it this way you're saving the favorites information and their ringtones. Although i am not sure if you can automate this.

Here's a link to the post and then some...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=538513

Thanks for the info, i'll try it.

studentjunk 10-13-2009 11:59 PM

I stopped using TF3d a long time ago, and when I did, I didn't use the contacs from it. However, the launcher used the registry. You can make some changes to the TF3d contacts, do a full registry backup, and then change it back. Then compare the files with windiff. There should be some changes related to TF3d or manilla or something like that. (There will also be about 5 changes that always change). As far as the additional tools and backup pim, it sounds right. I started using ppcpimbackup before noticing that feature.