PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WMWiFiRouter triggering charges? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75198)

Kalnel 07-18-2009 11:02 AM

WMWiFiRouter triggering charges?

I've been using WMWiFiRouter for a few weeks now, and I noticed today that on my Verizon "My Current Usage" page, it is now showing a listing for "Domestic Mobile Broadband Connect." Although it shows my usage as 0.00, I wonder what has made this appear all of the sudden. On the My Plan page, it doesn't show Mobile Broadband Connect as being activated (at least as far as I can tell). Interestingly, on the data usage page, it is missing any readings for Wednesday or Thursday of this week, even though it has data usage recorded for yesterday. I don't think I've used so much data that it would have prompted any red flags -- I'm well under 400MB in the third week of my monthly billing cycle -- but I'm curious if they're now detecting/charging for WMWiFiRouter use.

Kalnel 07-18-2009 12:09 PM

Re: WMWiFiRouter triggering charges?

Quick follow up request to add: Would some WMWiFiRouter users and NON-users check their data usage pages on Verizon to see if they're also getting a new section on Domestic Mobile Broadband Connect usage at the bottom of the page?

Thanks!

rune-san 07-18-2009 12:31 PM

I'm on Alltel and have been using WMWifiRouter extensively so my girlfriend can use her iTouch on the road (sorry Touch Pro, but you just dont have anything on the iTouch real estate).

I don't see any such charges or signs of charges. Just 81MB of usage with no charge.

Kalnel 07-18-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rune-san (Post 1043824)
I'm on Alltel and have been using WMWifiRouter extensively so my girlfriend can use her iTouch on the road (sorry Touch Pro, but you just dont have anything on the iTouch real estate).

I don't see any such charges or signs of charges. Just 81MB of usage with no charge.

I appreciate your reply, but I'm really looking for info on what's happening with Verizon. I've never seen any sign of charges for mobile broadband connect before with ICS (or even with WMWiFiRouter) until today, so I'm eager to hear if others are seeing the same things on their Data Usage pages.

Thanks for the response, though!

jmorton10 07-18-2009 01:16 PM

I'll go check & get back to you.

I have three Sprint TP's activated on Verizon & tether my LT.

I also tether my ipod touch daily with WMWifirouter.

~John

jmorton10 07-18-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalnel (Post 1043720)
I've been using WMWiFiRouter for a few weeks now, and I noticed today that on my Verizon "My Current Usage" page, it is now showing a listing for "Domestic Mobile Broadband Connect." .

I just checked my account online & I don't see that listing anywhere.

~John

Kalnel 07-18-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1043928)
I just checked my account online & I don't see that listing anywhere.

~John

Thanks for checking, John. Are you on a business or personal account? I'm on a personal account, and I'm seeing this on the My Services tab, on the My Current Usage page.

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm wondering if it implies that they can see WMWiFiRouter use. I think I read a post a few weeks ago about a guy seeing charges for this on his bill, but most people (including me) dismissed it at the time.

jmorton10 07-18-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalnel (Post 1043947)
Thanks for checking, John. Are you on a business or personal account? .

I have had a personal account for years.

I still have the same account, but I get a discount through where I work.

~John

HBOOT 07-18-2009 02:08 PM

I understand your concern man, I suggest you just call them up, chat with them and inquire bout it, wont hurt:mrgreen: you ll be ok. am on Sprint...

Kalnel 07-18-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1043962)
I understand your concern man, I suggest you just call them up, chat with them and inquire bout it, wont hurt:mrgreen: you ll be ok. am on Sprint...

I'd do that, but the last thing I want to do is draw attention to it if they're not seeing it. Don't want to poke that bear...

I also think it's weird that they haven't posted any data usage at all for two days this week, although they have data for subsequent. As it happens, I didn't use tethering on those two days, but I did have normal push email and light browsing, so I should have *something* showing.

May just dive in and tether for a while to see what comes up over the next few days. Worst case, they'll charge me $30.