PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kinesis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omg please help!!! Serious serious brick!!! $200 down the drain with sprint!!! O m g

Guys MAJOR problem here. Super super huge problem...

Ok so the usb port on my touch pro started to fail and now it doesnt work at all, only charges if i set weights on top of the usb plug.

So I called sprint, they sent me a replacement phone, stating if the phone is damaged I will owe them $200. They also warned me that the original OS/software has to be on it.

Thus I attempted to flash the stock ROM found here for sprint using the SD CARD. Success. I got the ORIGINAL SPRINT back on it.

I also flashed the original RADIO SHIPPED. SUCCESS. Worked

I attempted to RELOCK.... FAIL!!! O M G FAIL!!! The indicator in the BIOS got to 100% then the phone got to a permanent LOADING ... Screen. It sat there saying Loading forever and ever so I finally rebooted the phone now in the triband color screen it says this:
Upgrade ROM code error
Please try again

then goes to a screen called Loading... and does absolutely nothing.

OMG!!! and the USB is broken... What do I do?! am I truly bricked out? I tried setting the paperweights on the USB plug and it goes from Serial to USB but it simply will not connect to it with RUU from my PC..

OMG PLEASE HELP. Someone said I used the wrong sprint stock rom? can this be fixed? If not, I am out $200. and I Have 14 days left to ship this back to them starting tomorrow!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b
Re: Omg please help!!! Serious serious brick!!! $200 down the drain with sprint!!! O

It doesn't matter what RAPHIMG.nbh I seem to put on the SD card, it always says Loading... forever.. Omg im going to cry dude...
Old 09-01-2009, 03:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b
Re: Omg please help!!! Serious serious brick!!! $200 down the drain with sprint!!! O

If I hold the USB down with my hand I can get a 0% progress indicator by running RUU with the .37 SPL.. What do I do to restore the SPL? I will hold my hand firm to 100%..

I cant get past 0% on HSPL037
Old 09-01-2009, 03:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Tipharet is keeping up the good workTipharet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Tipharet

Why did I find it necessary to first post this?

I guess technically I am 4th but yeah....

Old 09-01-2009, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO / TP2

blackte4 is becoming a great contributor

Use a heavy book and use it to hold down the usb cable to the phone... When its at 0% try to let go... Do not touch it tell its relock... Im praying this will work...
Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

First off relax. Make sure your SD card is formated for fat. If so, redownload the stock rom. place the RAPHIMG.nbh file on it and see if you can get into the bootloader, and it seeing the ROM. If so see what happens.

Also note this:

step 1.) Flash a stock SHIPPED rom (not dumped while a dumped rom is just the stock rom, the certificats are signes wrong and once you flash the locker it will give an invalid rom error.

step 2.) flash the relocker this again is a flash exactly like a normal rom flash. after these two steps are done, you are relocked.

This is from the how to lock sticky

Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

typex is just getting started

What is with all the OMG? Are you 12yrs old? Just reading this thread gave me a headache felt as if I was over hearing a valley girl talking or that legally blond movie.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by typex View Post
What is with all the OMG? Are you 12yrs old? Just reading this thread gave me a headache felt as if I was over hearing a valley girl talking or that legally blond movie.
relax the poster is just worried they are out 200 bucks
in this recession I'd be saying the same thing except I'd add my own expletives there =/

as for what to do, I don't see how the usb issue sends you out 200 bucks. Isn't faulty USB a factory issue that happens with a lot of touch pros...
Old 09-01-2009, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
relax the poster is just worried they are out 200 bucks
in this recession I'd be saying the same thing except I'd add my own expletives there =/

as for what to do, I don't see how the usb issue sends you out 200 bucks. Isn't faulty USB a factory issue that happens with a lot of touch pros...
I think his point is that if it goes back with a non-stock rom (or unlocked) then they can try and blame that as the reason the usb doesn't work. Or they will tell him that it doesn't matter about the broken usb because he voided his warranty.

Last edited by flipzmode; 09-01-2009 at 08:21 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro