PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

morphx2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3 Refurbished phones in 1 week...all bad!

Well,

My sprint phone had the home key that is on the front panel near the screen starting to come out real bad, so I took it to a store and they couldnt fix it, so they sent me a refurbished phone.

Phone #1: There was a HUGE gap between the sliding keyboard and the sliding screen. Sent back

Phone #2: A smaller gap between keyboard and sliding screen AND the home key on that one was halfway out! Sent back

Phone #3: Just got it today, looked OK. Charged it, tried it out..STUCK SPACEBAR on the keyboard.

Called customer service again, gave em my story, transferred me to someone who said "its impossibe you got 3 bad phones" blah blah blah and I would have to go to a repair center and they would not send me a 4th phone unless I go. I told them there is no way I am driving an hour and a half there (3 hours round trip) just for them to say that I was right and the spacebar is stuck. So she talked to her supervisor and they agreed to send me out one more phone...and if its bad I have to go to the repair center.

IF I get another bad phone, I am talking straight to retentions because I am not wasting a weekend driving to a sprint store.

We will see on Monday/Tuesday when I get the 4th phone....

UPDATE!! Got my 4th phone today...i can see the electronic board that the bottom part of the screen should be covering up...time to call sprint again!

Update Part 2! Got the 5th phone...panel was 1/2 off!

Update Part 3! Account services rep said I should cancel! (Guess they have no good refurbished phones to send out??) Then I talk to tech manager who gave me $50 credit to get it taken care of with Asurian!

Last edited by morphx2; 07-23-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: 3 Refurbished phones in 1 week...all bad!

Yea my keyboard died on my 3rd one and they told me i have to go to a store to get a replacment. No biggie for me a store is a few blocks away. Three hour round trip no way
Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Wow... so there was nothing actually WRONG with the phones, other than one stuck space bar & a few cosmetic issues?

This kind of thing is why the insurance deductible doubled.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-17-2009, 10:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

morphx2 is a n00b

Yes...it was physically wrong. Why would I want to trade in my physically wrong phone for another??? Whats the point in that. I have a part that the tech in the store couldnt fix, so I expect a phone that is fixed.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

mycophiles is just getting started

My keyboard sometimes doesn't work and I won't replace it because of this exact issue. Who knows what you will get. Until the keyboard stop's working completely I am sticking with the "new" one I got.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

that sucks
Old 07-19-2009, 05:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

My first one in February lasted a month before the keyboard died. The brand new replacement lasted until earlier this week. Got a refurbished replacement on Thursday and it died earlier today. I love the phone but this keyboard issue is killing. I hope they fixed it for the Touch Pro 2.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

yeah i just had 3 phones at my house as well. my 1st one was the one that did break, the 2nd one had a huge gap between screen and chrome on the touch scrreen. NOT COSMETIC!!!!!! i could have pulled the entire screen out of the phone, and the 3rd one has a dent in the chrome and 18 life hours on it but im gonna stick with this one.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Wow... so there was nothing actually WRONG with the phones, other than one stuck space bar & a few cosmetic issues?

This kind of thing is why the insurance deductible doubled.
here's the thing. we buy these expensive phones then get insurance for our investments. then when we use the insurance, we expect the phone we get to be perfect in every way. and we should. there is zero reason to accept a phone that is not 100% perfect in every way, shape and form. that's why we get the insurance. not to get some POS that an itiot tech that didn't know what he was doing, put together.

you're statement of "This kind of thing is why the insurance deductible doubled" is inaccurate. the reason it doubled is because there were folks that would drop their phone and get a scatch on it, then call in and get a replacement because they didn't like the scratch. not because something was actually wrong with it but because of a scratch.

you much work for Sprint or one of the carriers. smoke is coming out of my ears as i'm typing just from reading your idiotic posting. i can't tell you how many refurbs those jerks have sent me, time and time again that were messed up. and YES, if they had the smallest blemish, then back it would go. this nonsense happend 3 times with me, with 3 different phones (THAT WAS 3 TIMES EACH!!!!). they know they're doing it when they're doing it. just throwing a POS together to get it out the door. knowing a CUSTOMER (you know, those of us who pay their salaries by paying the insurance) will get it, be PI$$ED and send it back. all the tech department at Asurion should be fired and new, competent ones hired in their place.

anyway. my rant is over and my hopes is that you have to go though the exact same thing that the OP and I went though with this crap. that would give you an attitude adjustment.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

I don't know if it is a trend, but there seems to be more than a few bad Sprint refurb posts as of late. I've received and/or bought more than a few refurbished items in the past and have been generally pleased with them. It's always been expected that a refurbished unit was at least in as good as a new unit, often better. When my 4th Mogul died, the refurb I received was pitiful and should not have p***** a reasonable quality test. It was obviously worn and flawed. I don't know who does the refurbishing for HTC/Sprint/Assurion, but it seems that their standards may be lower than what I've come to expect. Maybe they're adopting the Game Stop "if it doesn't fall apart in your hands, good to go" method of refurbishment?

Why is p a s s e d in the blocked word list on this site????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro