PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3 Refurbished phones in 1 week...all bad!

Yikes. Glad I got my TP issues worked out when there weren't any Refurbs to be had.

I sent my Best Buy launch TP in after about 6 months of ownership. I had the quality control issue with the Chrome. For no reason it started to crack, crumble, and disintegrate. Called tech support, they sent me a new one in the box. It was a pretty awesome deal because all I had to send back was a phone with the battery cover, everything else I kept.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 --> HTC 6850 --> TP2!!, HTC Snap (Wife's)

letmusiclive is becoming a great contributor

A question for all of those who had their phones replaced by Sprint by their insurance program - Did you have to pay $100 for each replacement?

I am trying to figure out when they charge and when they don't.

Thanks!

Matthew
- John 3:21
Old 07-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

No costs so far. Except time. My guess is they start to charge when the 1-year warranty ends. Or if there is damage that you are responsible for.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
you're statement of "This kind of thing is why the insurance deductible doubled" is inaccurate. the reason it doubled is because there were folks that would drop their phone and get a scatch on it, then call in and get a replacement because they didn't like the scratch. not because something was actually wrong with it but because of a scratch.

you much work for Sprint or one of the carriers. smoke is coming out of my ears as i'm typing just from reading your idiotic posting. i can't tell you how many refurbs those jerks have sent me, time and time again that were messed up. and YES, if they had the smallest blemish, then back it would go. this nonsense happend 3 times with me, with 3 different phones (THAT WAS 3 TIMES EACH!!!!). they know they're doing it when they're doing it. just throwing a POS together to get it out the door. knowing a CUSTOMER (you know, those of us who pay their salaries by paying the insurance) will get it, be PI$$ED and send it back. all the tech department at Asurion should be fired and new, competent ones hired in their place.

anyway. my rant is over and my hopes is that you have to go though the exact same thing that the OP and I went though with this crap. that would give you an attitude adjustment.
so in red you say why the ins cost when up and in orange you claim to have sent phones back because they had the same small blemishes? hypocrite much?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

morphx2 is a n00b

UPDATE!

Got my 4th phone.

The bottom of the screen (where the home, back, dial, hangup is located) is up too far and I can see the electronics that it should be covering up!!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphx2 View Post
UPDATE!

Got my 4th phone.

The bottom of the screen (where the home, back, dial, hangup is located) is up too far and I can see the electronics that it should be covering up!!

LOL man nothing but bad luck for you it seems can you post a pic ?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

morphx2 is a n00b

im on phone with them now

went from:

Order support to (said they would only send the phone to the store..but would have no idea if it was new or refurbished...told them there is no way im spending a saturday driving there and taking 5 hours of my time unless it was brand new..which they couldnt ensure for some odd reason)
retentions to (said i can get $75 off a new model phone! HAHA)
tech level 2 or something (she was like wow, you are having serious problems! I said I know, I can even read that the date the circuit board was made was 7-29-2008!)....she said account services can do magic and to ask them for new phone since 4 bad ones is ridiculous
being transferred to account services now....

Last edited by morphx2; 07-20-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Just a NooB

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphx2 View Post
im on phone with them now

went from:

Order support to (said they would only send the phone to the store..but would have no idea if it was new or refurbished...told them there is no way im spending a saturday driving there and taking 5 hours of my time unless it was brand new..which they couldnt ensure for some odd reason)
retentions to (said i can get $75 off a new model phone! HAHA)
tech level 2 or something (she was like wow, you are having serious problems! I said I know, I can even read that the date the circuit board was made was 7-29-2008!)....she said account services can do magic and to ask them for new phone since 4 bad ones is ridiculous
being transferred to account services now....

LOL good luck i have been fighting with them for a week for another tp ( im on my 8th )

they basicly tell me its another touch pro or nothing OH well they did offer me 200$ for a new phone ....... @ FULL COST ... Yea not going to happen shouldn't have to shell out any more cash hell they have cost me cash with my work ... so yea i do be live im jumping to a new company
Old 07-20-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

They charge if it's your fault for the phone breaking. Dropping it in water, losing it, etc etc. If it's something that should break ( keyboard goes out, screen goes out, ....) then it's free long as you have the $7/month insurance/protection. I recently took my Pro out of my pocket and was delighted to see the screen would not come on. The phone is still functional, the indicator light blinks as if I missed a call or new messages are there, but I can't manually put it into the bootloader so I can't flash it back to STOCK, so I took it to the store and they had to order one for me, Should be in tomorrow or Wednesday. Luckily, I have a half broken Mogul (all the keys below the screen don't work)(and some of the keyboard keys are sticky/don't work)(oh and there are water spots on the screen), but at least I get calls since they wouldn't give me a loaner phone or something.

To all of you whom complain about Sprint, don't you think every other company has these same issues with quality?

Last edited by grad20_09; 07-20-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Just a NooB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad20_09 View Post
They charge if it's your fault for the phone breaking. Dropping it in water, losing it, etc etc. If it's something that should break ( keyboard goes out, screen goes out, ....) then it's free long as you have the $7/month insurance/protection. I recently took my Pro out of my pocket and was delighted to see the screen would not come on. The phone is still functional, the indicator light blinks as if I missed a call or new messages are there, but I can't manually put it into the bootloader so I can't flash it back to STOCK, so I took it to the store and they had to order one for me, Should be in tomorrow or Wednesday. Luckily, I have a half broken Mogul (all the keys below the screen don't work)(and some of the keyboard keys are sticky/don't work)(oh and there are water spots on the screen), but at least I get calls since they wouldn't give me a loaner phone or something.

To all of you whom complain about Sprint, don't you think every other company has these same issues with quality?

LOL you have NO idea what our talking about i have the 7 a month insurance every phone has had a hardware defect ( covered under warranty ) guess what THEY STILL WANTED 100 + to use my insurance

im glad yo have had a easy time getting the phone replaced me like countless others have not

98% of complaints i see is from sprint and the touch pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro