PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No more Alltel phones on Verizon???

Verizon won't allow Alltel phones on a non Alltel account. They will never allow them pretty much.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint BlackBerry 8330 on Boost Mobile w/ Full BIS
Carrier: Boost Mobile/Sprint

SilverSpoonCells is a n00b

I am asking the same question
Old 05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

martypng is a n00b

I e-mailed verizon and quoted the CSA to them yesterday, and their response was:

"It is true that the device is CDMA compatible but because the programming with the chipset is encrypted to only work on Alltel's network, you will not be able to use the device on the Verizon Wireless network."

I'm assuming he means the rom and/or radio, but I didn't get into that yet.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by martypng View Post
I e-mailed verizon and quoted the CSA to them yesterday, and their response was:

"It is true that the device is CDMA compatible but because the programming with the chipset is encrypted to only work on Alltel's network, you will not be able to use the device on the Verizon Wireless network."

I'm assuming he means the rom and/or radio, but I didn't get into that yet.
you need to call them and speak to a CSR. tell them that the phone has been flashed to verizon and that all they need to do is add the ESN to there DMD and that you understand that verizon can not gurantee that all the features may not work. we know that isnt true but just explane it to them and they should add it. if that rep wont, then call back till you find one that will take care of it.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

martypng is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
you need to call them and speak to a CSR. tell them that the phone has been flashed to verizon and that all they need to do is add the ESN to there DMD and that you understand that verizon can not gurantee that all the features may not work. we know that isnt true but just explane it to them and they should add it. if that rep wont, then call back till you find one that will take care of it.
Their latest response is that the Touch Pro will not work on my plan because it is a "AMERICA'S CHOICE II FAMILY SHARE PLAN", and I need to move to a "Nationwide Family Share Plan". Does that sound like a load of bull?

The Nationwide Family Share 700 plan is basically the same plan at the same price, the only difference is that data service no longer uses your price plan minutes, but is billed at $1.99 a megabyte. For more information on our Nationwide plans.... blah blah blah...
Old 05-02-2010, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

data is not charged by MB because now with a smartphone you HAVE to have the data plan. i cant remember the plan i have now but that doesnt sound to far off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro