PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 11:31 AM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: No more Alltel phones on Verizon???

Well i'm going to call in today and see if I can get them to add it. Hopefully with some persistence I can get them to do it.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkyvndor View Post
one thing ive learned about our phones since ive been at this site.... anything is possible...
LOL, I hear that.........

~John
Old 07-18-2009, 02:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was Using 6800
Carrier: Was alltel

ephone1 is just getting started

I have an old 6800 I was going to give to my nephew. I naively thought that Verizon would have the Alltel ENS numbers in their system, and I could do online. Obviously they don't.

If I could just call them and have it added, I would do it, but not if its going to take an act of god to get them to budge.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here is the deal with things not working....

All are related to the ROM not the phone itself...

If you get them to activate your ESN on the network you can simply flash one of the generic roms with the verizon carrier package (generic will work too!)

Do a *228 then 1 and it should make your phone work with just about any service they have...

Really the only thing you might need to do is install the verizon flavor of arcsoft so your pic messages work.

The only other features you will lose are more likely features you HAD with alltel! LOL
Old 07-18-2009, 11:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
call them and remind them of there customer agreement. it states that you can use any phone that is CDMA on there network but some features may not work. when i quoted there customer service agreement ver batum there story changed when i said "so what your telling me is your not gonna honor that agreement so i can cansel my account without paying the ETF since they are violating there own CSA. thats when the ball really got rolling and i got my altell 6800 activated on verizon. call tech support and keep getting escilated till you talk to someone about adding your ESN to there DMD. its a PITA but they will do it. it will take between 5-10 days for the ESN to show up after they agree.

Where'd you find the wording in the Customer Agreement that says some features might not work, CDMA, etc? I've been fighting with them off and on for the past 3mo or so to get a touch pro activated under my account and I find this angle intersting and want to try it.

Here is what I found.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/g...rAgreement.jsp

Quote:
Your Wireless Phone

Your wireless phone is any device you use to receive our wireless voice or data service. It must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations and be compatible with our network and your Plan. Whether you buy your wireless phone from us or someone else is entirely your choice. At times we may change your wireless phone's software, applications or programming remotely and without notice. This could affect data you've stored on, the way you've programmed or the way you use your wireless phone. If you purchased a wireless phone (other than a "global phone") from Verizon Wireless for use with a plan with a minimum term and want to reprogram your phone for use with another wireless carrier network, the default service programming code is set to "000000" or "123456." Verizon Wireless in no way guarantees that your Verizon Wireless phone will be capable of being reprogrammed for use with another wireless carrier network after the service programming code is entered, or that another wireless carrier will accept your device for use on its network.
If this is the same as you used, did they bring up about the compatibility with your plan?
Old 07-18-2009, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yep, thats what i used. the part about getting a phone from them or someone else. i informed them that the 6800 i had was the same as the 6800 they offered and was already flashed to VZN's software. once it escilated up the line i finally got a nice lady that said she would take care of it, took down my phones info(ESN) and said she would call me back when it was completed. it just happened that i tried the ESN one day and it worked. she called a day or two later and i told her i was talking on the phone when she called.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
yep, thats what i used. the part about getting a phone from them or someone else. i informed them that the 6800 i had was the same as the 6800 they offered and was already flashed to VZN's software. once it escilated up the line i finally got a nice lady that said she would take care of it, took down my phones info(ESN) and said she would call me back when it was completed. it just happened that i tried the ESN one day and it worked. she called a day or two later and i told her i was talking on the phone when she called.
Not sure what really did it, but I called up vzw and asked why its not working. They gave me some BS so I asked for a sup. They were giving me the run around about how it needed to be a vzw phone this and that. Thats when i busted out reading the customer agreement. They changed their tune real quick. Resubmitted the request to get my phone added to their database. Couple days later, *228 option 3 works. Got data and everything without doing any crazy epst hacking or copying keys. Pretty sweet. Phone shows up as a vzw tp on their web site tho. Oh well. Cant have it all.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

LOL, told ya.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

battlemac is a n00b

Does this still work, can I lets say get the Alltel version flash the VZW PRL and lets say rom, and get this working with out a hitch(and possibly with out the need of a data plan if data not working), if I have always been a VZW customer?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

martypng is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlemac View Post
Does this still work, can I lets say get the Alltel version flash the VZW PRL and lets say rom, and get this working with out a hitch(and possibly with out the need of a data plan if data not working), if I have always been a VZW customer?
[BUMP] Anyone done this recently? Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro