PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Volume Control Changes??

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, but surely i cannot be the only person to experience this? With any rom i flash, after a few days of using it, the volume control changes from the standard volume control, to this: And then a little later it changes to the standard windows mobile volume control. Am I the only person experiencing this? (It had happened with my Vogue, Diamond, and TP, so hopefully it's not just me) My guess is that it is just some sort of conflicting skin in the roms, but that is purely a guess. What do you guys think?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Volume Control Changes??

If it is happening to you on all those phones its probably something that you are installing. I've yet to see that on my TP's.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

definitely a program you're installing. i personally have a cab file that reverts it to the older wm style controls, i don't like the new version. no need to block the entire screen

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO
Threadstarter

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

At first, i didn't think it was anything i had installed, but now that i think about it, a few days after every flash i have installed wisbar advance desktop 2 to mess around with themes and stuff. This could be it.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Block is becoming a great contributor

overwrite the htcvolumecontrol.dll with a new one
Old 07-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Nah, I've seen this too. The key (I believe) is that in some of the newer ROMs there's an option in Manila for "single volume control" under "sounds". I installed Juicy 8 a few weeks ago and saw all three of them within half a day myself. Very strange, but what are you gonna do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro