PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry why do i not have rA speeds with rA!!!!!!

ok so i have rA in my area and have made another post asking about thsi sorta, my question is why am i getting speeds of around 700-800 kps. isn't that like rev-0 speeds!!!! what the heck is going on!!!! is there something i need to reg edit or is this just a scam they put on to make me feel all warm and fuzzy and make me think i have rA!!!! i am running silence 6.1 medium final!!! and have 3-4 bars on the 5 bar system.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: why do i not have rA speeds with rA!!!!!!

is verizon still messing with all the towers and jacking stuff up or what?!?!?!?!?!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

i live in an rA area not yet influenced by verizon and i was gettingf very slow rA speeds. I jsut called alltel support and they had me enter epst (#778 send) then go to view info > M.IP settings > MIP_Mode change from "mobile IP preferred" to "simple ip only" and i saw a noticeable increase. Also he made sure i had the latest prl, which i didnt
Old 07-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
i live in an rA area not yet influenced by verizon and i was gettingf very slow rA speeds. I jsut called alltel support and they had me enter epst (#778 send) then go to view info > M.IP settings > MIP_Mode change from "mobile IP preferred" to "simple ip only" and i saw a noticeable increase. Also he made sure i had the latest prl, which i didnt
i just tried this and i get an error. "Turn on LPM failed" dont ask me what it is because i dont know what that means. what prl do you have now? i have 30043 on this phone
Old 07-19-2009, 11:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

i just tried it too and i could change it, but after it did a reboot i couldn't get data to connect. It kept giving me the Cannot Connect error, username and password wrong. So, I changed it back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
i just tried it too and i could change it, but after it did a reboot i couldn't get data to connect. It kept giving me the Cannot Connect error, username and password wrong. So, I changed it back.

yeah i got the same thing. the prl i have is 40052
Old 07-20-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok so i know for sure i am not getting rA speeds where i live. i just turned the rA off in th epst and did a speed test just using the staight up rev-0 and i am pulling the same download speeds. this is pissing me off!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

sorry to hear that my man 700kbps-800 isnt bad at all. I pull 1400 at times but that isnt constant, hopefully you dont get pissed off too much. Wait, it is better than being pissed on...lol..good luck man
Sprint here
Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lol yeah i know man it is wayy better and stinks a littel bit less. i don't know, lol i know we don't pay anything extra for the rA but just having it and it not working right just makes me mad lol.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:23 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I believe it is the coverage that is lacking but not a prob in your device. I remember my days with the Mogul as we were all excited about RevA with a solid verage as I m going to run a rest now...also time of the day plays sigificantly in determining the speed, besides these speed test themselves arent very reliable...
dslreports just now 500kbps, doesnt make much difference really, browsing is fast,emails are coming fast...so all good. am sure later in another spot, different time will pul 1400kbps or so...

Last edited by HBOOT; 07-20-2009 at 12:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro