PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Message Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75075)

sdm197 07-17-2009 08:05 AM

HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Message Issue

Hi,

I have an issue when I try to send a txt message, when I type "T" in the "To" field looking for a friend of mines name "Tony" I get all the "Tony's" listed as suggestions except the one I am after.

I have deleted all the contacts, then synced with Outlook, that did not cure it. Then I deleted that particular contact, then re added it back manually checking every piece of info was in the correct format but it still does not appear as one of the suggestions.

I can get round this by tapping the "To" then selecting from the "Contacts" but I cannot understand why it does not offer the Tony I am after as a suggestion like all the other Tony's in my contacts.

Any ideas?

Regards

SDM197.

wchamblee 07-17-2009 08:14 AM

Re: HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Mesage Issue

Which ROM are you using?

banzaiwolfe 07-17-2009 09:12 AM

How many Tonys do you have? I would suggest, as a test, delete one of the other Tonys and then see if it suggests the one you want. Maybe the number of Tonys you have is just one too many for the number of suggestions the phone is set to give.

Giovanny 07-17-2009 09:14 AM

You should try using Tony's last name.

sdm197 07-17-2009 10:17 AM

Hi Guys,

thanks for the replies, the ROM version is 1.90.206.4 WWE, I tried to update it with a new version via HTC's website, but after entering my serial number it said something like it was not suitable for my device.

I have also tried entering Tony's last name, it cannot find that as a suggestion either.

I have 12 Tony's in my contact list, but it appears it only suggests ones which have a mobile number which makes sense, just not the Tony I am after..

Thanks in advance for any further ideas, its driving me nuts!

SDM197.

boredandtattooed 07-17-2009 10:23 AM

Re: HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Message Issue

it will only give you so mnay options, i dont know if theres a default number set somewhere in the registry though, if there is maybe it can be edited...

i have alot of numbers from a dating site.. all of those contacts start with that site name ie sitename_sara_screennamehere... if i type in just the begining prefix of the sitename, i only get about 5 of th 13 numbers... i think theres just a default number to howmany entries it will show at once..

sdm197 07-17-2009 11:47 AM

Re: HTC Touch Pro/O2 Serra Txt Message Issue

Hi Guys, Well I tried an experiment, i created 12 contacts beginning with Z it displays 6 of them, but not in the order I would of expected I created Zara1/2/3/4 thru to Zara12, it displays as suggestions Zara4/5/6/7/8/9 I thought it would start at Zara1. So it does seem that I would have to delete some of the Tony's to get the one I want selected, however because it does not seem to follow a number order, which ones to delete...... Hmmmmm. Thanks again, any further ideas welcome, SDM197.