PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hopefully foolproof script to easily change titanium fonts

Weird. As long as it works now I guess.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: verizon

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hmmm.... Im using the CAb that Chaos posted and it is not doing anything. with the exception of the two readme files regardless what icons I tap i get a message that it is not a valid application. i have mortscript 4.2 installed seperately, but even with it ot installed these arent doing anything.

On a side note, I used active sync to copy the two CPR files from my device to the desktop, and opened them in notepad. changed every mention of Tahoma to the font that I wanted and made sure the font was in my windows/font folder. replaced the CPR files and restarted the system. no changes. this really cant be that freaking hard to do. if I post a zip of my CPR files and the font that I am trying to change it to could one of you guys change it for me so I can see what I am NOT doing inside them? I know its asking a lot, but I am really trying to learn here...
Attached Files
File Type: rar cpr backups.rar (33.9 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by schollianmj View Post
Hmmm.... Im using the CAb that Chaos posted and it is not doing anything. with the exception of the two readme files regardless what icons I tap i get a message that it is not a valid application. i have mortscript 4.2 installed seperately, but even with it ot installed these arent doing anything.

On a side note, I used active sync to copy the two CPR files from my device to the desktop, and opened them in notepad. changed every mention of Tahoma to the font that I wanted and made sure the font was in my windows/font folder. replaced the CPR files and restarted the system. no changes. this really cant be that freaking hard to do. if I post a zip of my CPR files and the font that I am trying to change it to could one of you guys change it for me so I can see what I am NOT doing inside them? I know its asking a lot, but I am really trying to learn here...

Make sure youre using the internal font name not the file name in the CPR. open up your font (ttf) in windows font viewer on your PC. btw OTF fonts do not work and must be converted to TTF
Old 07-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Here, give this a try.

Think the problem might have been that they were marked as read only files.
Attached Files
File Type: cab CPR Files for schollianmj.cab (39.4 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

schollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularschollianmj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

mine is TTF. lt me see if I can figure out what the other thing is you are trying to say... ok, try this. I installed Chaos's cab. now in windows\fonts I have Chaos Times.ttf I copied this to my PC and opened it. the name inside is "Chaos Times". so then in my CPR file I should be able to simply for the CLOCK tab anywhere it says tahoma replace that with Chaos Times and my font shold change on the CLOCK tab... Right? I changed it for every entry of Tahoma under Clock, both condensed and the other one... quite a few different spots. I even went so far as to copy that Chaos Times.ttf to \Windows\ but still no dice.

I know its something stupid, and I appreciate you taking the time to help me out a bit.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

when the CPR goes back onto the device should it be marked Read only? when I forst copied them OFF the device they were. after I made my initial changes I had to uncheck read only so I could save them. but before I put them back on the device I made them read only. I also tried once with Chaos's origional cab making them not read only first. but no dice.

Chaos, thank you, that last cab you posted here worked great. Now I am gong to try to rip it apart to see what you did, that I haddent...
Old 07-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ok Chaos... One more request, man I feel like I am being a pain in your ***.... could you post the CPR files that you made? I am trying to find out what you did that I diddnt. I used WinRar on the CAB you made me, and I got a Setup.xml and then a number of files that end in 001, 002 003, yadda yadda yadda... I normally would just use HJSplit to re compile those... but I doubt they are movie files... Thank you so much for the cab though. it did exactly what I wanted.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

need to get WinCE Cab All I did was open remove the write protection from them and change the Tahoma to Requiem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro