PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   hopefully foolproof script to easily change titanium fonts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75023)

ChaosTheory 07-19-2009 08:17 PM

Re: hopefully foolproof script to easily change titanium fonts

Thanks! Thought that might be what it was, but don't like guessing at scripts :lol: I'd end up frying something:???:

raidzero 07-20-2009 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 1046078)
Thanks! Thought that might be what it was, but don't like guessing at scripts :lol: I'd end up frying something:???:

heh, mortscript is pretty easy to use and harmless as long as you don't do anything obviously dangerous; though while learning to do the string operations I have ended up with many broken CPR's lol. As far as getting a list of installed fonts WITH INTERNAL NAMES (I can return a list of properly formatted filenames) it seems to be impossible ... need to use the freetype library it looks like and that is beyond me at this point, I will install visual studio anyway though and poke around.

here is my script that displays the ttf files without extensions in a message box:

ChaosTheory 07-20-2009 04:56 PM

Update, made a cab and then created an OEM out of the scripts you created and incorporated it into my ROM. Works like a charm! I can post the cab if you would like. (It assumes you already have mortscript and Program Files>CHome Editor>CHomeRefresh.exe)

raidzero 07-20-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 1047632)
Update, made a cab and then created an OEM out of the scripts you created and incorporated it into my ROM. Works like a charm! I can post the cab if you would like. (It assumes you already have mortscript and Program Files>CHome Editor>CHomeRefresh.exe)

I think you should incorporate mortscript and chomerefresh in the cab. having people install dependencies is one thing on linux/windows pc but IMO quite another on a phone ...

post it I wanna see

raidzero 07-20-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1047994)
I think you should incorporate mortscript and chomerefresh in the cab. having people install dependencies is one thing on linux/windows pc but IMO quite another on a phone ...

post it I wanna see

for that matter post the rom.. lol

I am interested in making one with the focus being speed and stability, for business users, but don't know where to start. I can make my own oems and make cabs from oems but I just don't know how to use SYS files with my OEMs...

ChaosTheory 07-20-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1047999)
for that matter post the rom.. lol

I am interested in making one with the focus being speed and stability, for business users, but don't know where to start. I can make my own oems and make cabs from oems but I just don't know how to use SYS files with my OEMs...

Working out the kinks, but should be user ready soon. Lwrdchvy was beta testing it for me, but he had to leave :???: Trying to make it quick with common tools, and once I post it I am planning on relying heavily on user input to make it better :)

Still learning the sys files, but if I can do it I'm sure you could :lol: Just a matter of browsing through and finding out what everything does.

The cab doesn't have the files cuz the ROM has them already :) I will modify the cab and get it posted with the dependent files first thing tomorrow, gotta go now though.

ChaosTheory 07-21-2009 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the modified cab. In includes your original LCD font, Chaos Times font, and lwrdchvy's MostWasted font. It also includes Mortscript and CHomeRefresh, so installing this cab should make you all set to change fonts :)

EDIT: Updated cab file to correct font file not reading right.

raidzero 07-21-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 1048915)
Here is the modified cab. In includes your original LCD font, Chaos Times font, and lwrdchvy's MostWasted font. It also includes Mortscript and CHomeRefresh, so installing this cab should make you all set to change fonts :)

I was curious and downloaded the cab but none of the ttf's open. I wanted to see what chaos times was...

ChaosTheory 07-21-2009 03:54 PM

That'w weird. Updated the cab, should work now. Not sure why it didn't before, but for some reason it wasn't recognizing them at font files :dontknow:

raidzero 07-21-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 1049990)
That'w weird. Updated the cab, should work now. Not sure why it didn't before, but for some reason it wasn't recognizing them at font files :dontknow:

on the first one it only got the first 700 bytes of each ttf. anyway the new cab they work on.